News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 07:47:22 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Track day  (Read 4733 times)

Offline cunning stunt

• Secretary
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Track day
« on: September 30, 2013, 10:39:34 am »
Nearly forgot I've got a track day booked for this Friday at north Weald airstrip
It's a car handling day run buy a company called car limits and its only £49 for the day!
It's a fast corners corse most of the day getting to grips with that then a sprint circuit in the afternoon
To see if you can tie all the stuff you have learned together.
Ill give a report on Friday and let you know how it goes.

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Re:
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 07:14:46 pm »
Lucky get. Maybe we could organise something like that. Maybe get some pictures and create a calendar with the images.
There is never enough free time for anything fun.

Offline cunning stunt

• Secretary
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Track day
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 09:01:23 am »
Woohoo what a great day, arrived for 9.00am had a quick brief then went out on the track/runway
First of we were doing fast corners just launch it down a straight and turn left on to the straight and increase speed with each run, the idea was to try and loose it but try and control it at the same time I found this made my arse pucker up I've never gone out to intentionally loose control and found it difficult not to brake just before the entrance to the corner, although this was great fun the next part was awesome they set up a sprint/handling coarse which was great fun and this was the format for the rest of the day with two small circuit
Running side by side. All the people that had attended were all really nice I got to go out in a ariel atom
Cater ham seven and a couple of lotuses was an awesome day only bettered by the fact my car was the fastest
Round the coarse all day and the time was only beaten  buy the atom which was being driven buy a pro driver
So ill take that second with no disappointment! Only downside to the day was I had only just put we tyres on and now they look erm not so new oh well great day and only £49
Need to get the videos up to show on e I work out how to do it from my phone

Offline cunning stunt

• Secretary
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Track day
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2013, 01:58:12 pm »

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Re:
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »
Sounds like you had fun Dave, glad to see the four can stick it with the best of em. I wonder if the atom driver thought "that celica is keeping up with me" I may consider doing one in mine when I get round to sorting it out......again :(
There is never enough free time for anything fun.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 93