News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 11, 2024, 06:17:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Having a crisis  (Read 3824 times)

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
Having a crisis
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:04:59 pm »
Having a bit of a crisis at the moment, can't decide whether to flog the 185, recover a few quid and buy a 350Z (fancy a change, something leathery and cosy) or to get the celica resprayed, fixed and sorted. I feel I have a lot invested in the 185 but ultimately it's getting old and ideally Id like to do a lot to it to get it in the way I want (CS bonnet, respray, topmounts, probably new alloys). Just not sure I can justify it when I can spend a few quid more, get something 20 years newer and half the insurance cost.

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline martinking6

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Having a crisis
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:06:01 pm »
Restore it m8 theres a lot more satisfaction in that  ;)

Martin
Black wrc st205,doing the head porting,polishing,knife edging,etc at the moment,it takes fecking ages but at least the police can`t get a finger print no more B-)
Black cs no.2901 st185 263bhp/250ft/lbs @ .9bar

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2013, 11:48:36 am »
I know, I just feel like every time I get it back looking nice again something else rusts off it or another suspension part fails and I'm starting to lose the will to fight it!

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline cunning stunt

• Secretary
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2013, 05:09:19 pm »
I here you fella, I've been through quite a big spend last year then engine
Deciding it wants a rebuild it was almost the straw that broke the camels back
I've been through several different cars that I wanted and have driven, driven most of them
350z was nice and they are silly cheap but it didn't feel as alive as the four did, my love for my car
Is causing my wallet to weep and my rebuild is waiting for work to pick back up,I think getting rid
Would leave me with a big felling of loss, a car is one of the few things that can bring back old memories
And still do what it did back then to relive the past unlike photos. Oh that was a bit deep get back on track
Fix the car feel good about it and borrow a friends car to remind you of how good your car really is.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 132
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 103