News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 04, 2024, 06:57:02 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Heads up for all 185 owners!!  (Read 3922 times)

Offline andy

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
  • it will get finished.... oh for an engine hoist...
Heads up for all 185 owners!!
« on: June 05, 2011, 06:32:32 pm »
hey guys n gals ;)

just to let all 185 owners know, Roose Motorsport have taken 98% of all my heater/intake/ancilary hoses that are preformed, and as we speek making the tooling for what i believe will be the only set available for our car.

there was approx 20 pieces in total from the coolant to throttle body, brake servo to intake plenum and even the turbo to sump drain hose with everything inbetween :D

there is 3 hoses i need to get to complete the kit which are the water bypass hoses

(135 degree elbow from head to block, hose from hell and the one that looks like a hook on other side of oil cooler sandwich plate)
sorry for bad descriptions lol but iv just locked up my garage and cant be buggered to go back to grab my BGB's 00)

i will be trying to get to a scrappy in meantime as pulling my car apart any more to get to em is not an option at the mo, unless anyone has them lying around in there garage they could send me(dont realy matter what condition there in!!)

there is 2 iv just discovered under the charcoal cannister il get if paul wants to add them, and 2 oil lines that go to the cooler by the left hand side of the radiator which i missed.

i have no idea what costs are gonna be as of yet but will keep everyone posted :)
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 06:41:54 pm by andy »

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
Re: Heads up for all 185 owners!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2011, 09:16:53 am »
I await with baited wallet :)
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline andy

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:11:52 pm »
hey jeff,

paul over at Roose is in the middle of making the tooling at the moment ;)

this is going to be a comprehensive kit so i dont know what he is gonna do, ie, sell it as coolant, ancillery, intake seperate or complete but i will post info as i find out more info

not many people seem interested on either forum but i bet once available that will change ;D

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 01:32:25 pm »
Nice one.
I think that maybe Paul at Roose is not a 'know' entity so therefore the reluctance to  'dip a toe' in!!!
I'm sure once you have tested and verified the quality that interest will be generated.
Keep me in mind for a guinea pig for both the 185 and the 205 if he is going that way!!!!
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline andy

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 12:12:50 pm »
BUMP

update peeps,
these are now available and listed on his site www.roosemotorsport.co.uk and also listed on ebay

intake ones arnt on there yet but ancillery, coolant, oil drain hose and breather hoses are up

search for Toyota Celica GT4 ST185 Ancillary Hose kit

if anything just have a look as this is the actual set going on my car in the pics :D

then ul see just how excited i am lol  8)

Offline andy

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2011, 01:29:50 pm »
just got back after collecting whats been made so far (everything appart from intake), and the quality is better than samco in my eyes!

enquired with Paul about 165 and 205 or any other varient for that matter, as with mine, EVERY hose that is preformed carrying air/coolant/oil must be supplied to him. if posted they need to be labelled with what goes through them and turnaround is 3 to 4 weeks. in exchange it'l be 50% off the cost of the kit, any questions just give him a bell from next tuesday as he's off somewhere sunny for a week 8)

if anyone has there car on stands for major work or a rebuild then it would be an ideal chance, and anyone that wants to see them fitted in the flesh my projects lookin good for JAE so far ;)

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 10:14:10 am »
Green hoses. Awesome. Only just replaced mine with OEM parts not long back but by christ that nuke green looks good...

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline andy

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 08:02:06 pm »
looks real pimp under the hood mate... just waiting still for the intake hoses ;)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 85
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 61