News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 08:04:57 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: gentle warning: Carlos Sainz on Autotrader..  (Read 2833 times)

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
gentle warning: Carlos Sainz on Autotrader..
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:20:44 pm »
I know this won't be relevant to everyone here but i thiught i'd make a new post in case it helps.

There was a 1993 Carlos Sainz for sale on Autotrader last week in Northern Ireland. It was a white car with Castrol decals and was priced at £4750.

Reason i'm posting about it is that it is my old car and is an insurance write off. I bought the car about 4-5 years ago for £1300 without a V5 (seller kind of duped me about the car claiming the V5 was lost in a house move). I traded the car for a BMW and got £2k for it so was happy enough but shortly after i did the guy who bought it from me blew the radiator and had a few other problems with it before getting rid.

Not saying it is a bad car or anything but the Sainz plaque was removed by the insurance company and i had terribke trouble ;lasting nearly a year trying to get a new V5 for it.

the car's reg is K404 XCF (previoulsly a NI reg CAZ xxxx plate), not sure hwat its wearing now.

just thought i'd make a post here as it may be a good bargaining tool for anyone interested in buying it. :)

Offline RobbieMcVee

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 11
  • Oi!!
Re: gentle warning: Carlos Sainz on Autotrader..
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 12:04:48 am »
Thanks for the warning chap !
PHEW!!!!

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 01:17:19 am »
Wonder i never heard of a Sainz over here decaled up, have seen a few 185's though, i'll try and chase up what the story is on this car and who the owner is......... could you send me the old CAZ plate as i can work off that better than the mainland plate

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 01:43:43 am »
Just checked the trader there and can't find it........ it must have been pulled or someone has just bought a dodgy motor

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2007, 08:25:12 pm »
It was in the trader last week Paul, so probably off the online system by now, or perhaps its been bought already.. doubt it though at that price and having no Sainz plaque or certificate, or any service history at all.

Can't mind the CAZ plate but the car did come over from the mainland so was probably regarded as a 'personal plate' and retained by a previous owner.

I bought the car from a guy in East Belfast about 4 or 5 years ago if i remember correctly, was given some bull*BLEEP* story about the V5 and certificate being in his old house and after endless phone calls and visits to his house they never appeared. In the end his parents called the cops on me as i wasn't leaving until i'd spoke to the seller (i was very angry!). Never seen the guy again and then found out from the guy that brought the car in from the mainland in was a write off and there was no plaque, certificate or V5.

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2007, 08:34:42 pm »
mmmmmmmmmm sickner did you involve the law or get a solicitor to pen a little letter...... 

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2007, 08:44:58 pm »
nah mate it was my own fault for falling for his story, and after i blew the radiator in the car and it getting broken into when it was sitting in my drive, i was happy that i traded it in for £700 more than what i paid and had a 328i sport to play with, so quickly forgot about it :P

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2007, 08:47:03 pm »
good stuff

Offline tvr0408

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2007, 08:30:30 pm »
There was a white CS with castrol decals at a house in dunloy last time I passed that way.  Only white castrol one I've ever seen over here.

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2007, 07:24:20 pm »
probably my old one thats i am talking about here then... from what i can remember of the ad, the phone number was for somewhere out in the sticks right enough..

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 190