News: To pay your membership fee by PayPal please send your email address to Cee .

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 12, 2024, 03:56:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: General statistics..post times  (Read 5615 times)

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
General statistics..post times
« on: January 08, 2010, 01:29:17 pm »
We have a new member (trooper, although he signed up last year) who posted 5x, for the first time between noon and one today and his stats say he posted between 1800 and 1900. Plus the stat times go backward not forward ??????. Just something I noticed as I have got bored with my scalextric and train set  00) 
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline Frikkin Evil

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: General statistics..post times
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 02:09:15 pm »
Why don't you integrate your train set and scalextric? It'll give you something to do instead of looking at stats, and will be more fun to boot.

Or you could spray the scalextric track white, and pretend you're driving around outside in the snow.

I'm full of ideas, me. Also, I have increased my post count by 1.

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 05:20:48 pm »
Yeah, this is a general issue I've put to the back of my mind to be honest, there are about 3 levels of "time" involved in the server, and it seems the boards most low level clock is taken from the server, hosted abroad. We then use an offset to set the local time to that of the UK, but users also have their own offset modification. despite a lot of playing I've still not identified which time is used for the stats, and what's more confusing is that the time that YOU see the posting posted at is different to the time that I see it posted at, as it seems to be converted to your own offset.

Confused? I am.

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline The Doctor

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 06:17:16 pm »
Yeah, this is a general issue I've put to the back of my mind to be honest, there are about 3 levels of "time" involved in the server, and it seems the boards most low level clock is taken from the server, hosted abroad. We then use an offset to set the local time to that of the UK, but users also have their own offset modification. despite a lot of playing I've still not identified which time is used for the stats, and what's more confusing is that the time that YOU see the posting posted at is different to the time that I see it posted at, as it seems to be converted to your own offset.

Confused? I am.

I`m glad you cleared that up :o

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 08:12:02 am »
 ;D It's still happening  00)
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2012, 04:23:07 pm »
Ughhh, forgot about this. Stupid board software. Maybe stupid webmaster, I'm not sure. I'll get back to you with th verdict soon.

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 119
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 95