News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 18, 2024, 07:58:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: emigrate or not?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
emigrate or not?
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:02:11 pm »
Hi all

Just thought I'd open a topic of discussion thats been close to my heart for several years now. I've been considering moving away for ages and having recently discussed it with my missus we are taking the first steps early next year. By first steps I mean actually start to visit potential countries to live in. The obvious being Australia but we are thinking more New Zealand. So, April next year we're off hopefully to sample the delights the Kiwi's have to offer...
Does anyone have any experience living over there or know someone that does. I know a few Kiwi's and some of Danie's family already live out there.

My yard sale before we go would be huge, I have far too much crap....lol

1988 - TTE Rally replica ST165 (For sale)
2008 - Yamaha R1 (For fun)

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: emigrate or not?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 06:55:53 pm »
move to moscow... awsome.!!   ;)

Offline cunning stunt

• Secretary
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 07:35:23 pm »
i would say go for it, you only get 1 shot at life.
money always seems to sway people away from taking the plunge i know it does with my Mrs, but the way i look at it is if i can do it  here i can do it anywhere! work that is.
personally I'm starting to hate this country the harder you work the more you get taxed ,the less you do the more they throw at you!!!!

America would be my country of choice , have got family spread across half of it and Canada, the wife's even got the chance of a transfer to new york
need to lots more gentle persuasion !!

Offline Motique

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:37:13 pm »
now that the celica is sold i am deffo going to australia early next year, i have a 1 year visa sorted and all, i have wanted to go for 5 years or so and now IS the time. I have a place to stay and work straight away also and the wages are close to double what im getting here now...

im gonna miss my car, but im not gonna miss the UK and the winter weather.

Go for it man or else you'll regret it for ever

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 09:23:42 pm »
Yeah I totally agree, and with any luck the trip in April will make her in doors feel the same way.  ;)

Was thinking of maybe renting out our place so we always have something to come back too if it goes wrong. We can rent out there then and always have some income coming in from the house here...

This country is going to *BLEEP* and can't be arsed getting under payed to work my arse off

1988 - TTE Rally replica ST165 (For sale)
2008 - Yamaha R1 (For fun)

Offline flyingtele

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2009, 12:04:04 pm »
Good for you mate, Im sure you will like it over here and you'll be more than welcome to stay for good if you like it over here lol. Once you have confirmed it all and know what you'll be doing flick me a PM as it would be good to meet up with another Celica enthusiast :)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 231
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20