News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 05:36:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Kids electric grass karts  (Read 5947 times)

Offline Chris_de_Bear

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 1
Kids electric grass karts
« on: October 31, 2009, 11:31:09 am »
Pacer 'cub' electric grass karts suitable for 3-10 according to the blurb.

http://www.pacerleisure.co.uk/html/cub.htm

We bought a fleet of 10 of these secondhand from one of our customers when we installed one of our tracks on their site.

We modified 5 of them to run on another site for a couple of years, but it was not successful so we now have them back and have no further use for them.

The modifications were to put our own control system on to allow speed limit via radio,  fit larger batteries (2xSEC 12TLG80 http://www.secbattery.com) and make a fibreglass cover over the rear part. We also extended the rollover bars so slightly older children could fit.

The electronics & batteries have been removed, but the motors, boxes & wiring remain. To get them running would require battery(s) and a microswitch on the footpedal to drive a relay, or a speed controller linked to the current analogue pedal sensor.

Speedwise, I would estimate they do about 6-8MPH flat out running on 24V. For younger children I would suggest running on 12V (or motors in series) which will roughly halve that.

These vehicles are Ex. commercial operation and are supplied as non-working items as a base for people to make their own go kart.

Will post pictures in the next few days when I have collected a couple from our other factory.

Looking for £200 each.

Can be collected from Bournemouth or Minehead areas, or I can deliver near one of my standard service runs (West country to Newquay via Plymouth, Launcston or Bideford) or (Peterborough via Oxford / Northampton or A1/M25/M3 or A3/A31).

They will also fit on a standard full pallet which cost about £50 last time I did one to anywhere in the UK.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 142
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 75