News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 08:24:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Anyone know about grants for starting a business?  (Read 4629 times)

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
Re: Anyone know about grants for starting a business?
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 01:21:09 pm »
I doubt it, hes deadified.

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • I see you baby, shaking that ..................
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 01:21:29 pm »
Did you try the enterprise centre yet? Princes trust also gives grants if you are in the age bracket.

I did mate, I have an appointment with some lady on friday at 11.30 just round the corner.  Im a bit too old for the princes trust as im sure the age cut off is 30?
Gaffer tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship"  more than wrinkles in the gaffer tape.....

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 01:22:27 pm »
I doubt it, hes deadified.

wtf are you on about?
Gaffer tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship"  more than wrinkles in the gaffer tape.....

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 01:24:01 pm »
The Lord McRae, he of the saintified rally. The man credited with bring King Carlos back from the limp-wristed garden of the 185 into the light once agin.

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 01:26:06 pm »
Sorry wasnt with it there mate.  he most certainly is deadified and a shame at that.

Offline Trouble

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2009, 01:48:44 pm »
~~ moments silence ..................................~~  :'(

Iv had a quick scout and fount this off the forum from one of the heads or powers that be in relation to small buiness start ups. the chap who asked the question was on about disabled grants so ignor that bit the rest is usable

##He might find it useful to look on FunderFinder, there are two versions, one for individuals and one for groups, so he would need the former. However I'm not sure where he'd be able to access this: if he has a disability for which there is a charity then contacting them might be useful.

Also I believe (from the Benefits Board) that the Job Centre should have advisers specifically for disabled people, an appointment with one of them could prove useful.

PS I meant to do a link to FunderFinder, but the link is loading very slowly, so I suggest you google it. It's the PIN (People in Need) bit you need, you may find a local organisation listed where you could access it.##
Trouble by name trouble by nature.  It just happens that way.

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2009, 01:54:41 pm »
unnily enough my mate just suggested the job centre as they would know the best way to about it.  Should have stayed fitting really and not sold everything.

Offline Trouble

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2009, 02:15:33 pm »
we all have these mad moments when we leave a job or in my case self employment, then we look back and think we'v not done the right thing. But life is so hard at the moment that lots of people are finding themselfs unemployed and going self employed and starting new jobs.  I really wish you all the luck because it not going to be easy

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2009, 02:18:48 pm »
yeah, i was self emplyed back home in northern ireland, sub contracted to Martin Phillips carpets.  Moved to hertfordshire and couldnt be bothered so i sold everything.  i have my tools again, just need a decent van and a few other bits. Im up for you church though.  When you hoping to start?

Offline Trouble

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2009, 02:43:53 pm »
well we should be completing as of 3 weeks ago.  So your guess is as good as mine all i know is that i need buiness loan funding (hence why i had sone stuff saved about new buiness start up loans) and Im going to need every trade known to man.

With the current climet being as it is i dont think im going to be short on hands but Id like to help the people i know trust and help me, cause im nice like that. 

So all in all its guarenteed work for as long as the job takes, but it all depends on solicitors pulling their fingers out. :( thats why iv got a little time to spend on here then im mad busy as im project managering the whole thing.  (which is a laugh cause iv not done it before heheheeh ) 

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2009, 02:47:47 pm »
Thats fair enough.  Are you going with carpet/laminate?  made any decisions?

Offline Trouble

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2009, 02:55:31 pm »
well there is solid oak flooring to the 1378 sq foot chapple so i want to re use that where possible although it is 200 years old or there abouts so im not holding my breath.  Ill be looking at a mix of wood and carpets as the apartment need to be top notch standard.  But as with anything Im well open to advise. 

The look im going for is open plan so i need to designate areas usine furnature and flooring.  My intention is to hae lots of designer ideas and photos and come to a workable agreement with who evers going the work. So it makes it easier to obtain quotes usine PM's n email as youd be able to see the "look" im trying to achive

although ill have to get someone else to measure up as im crap with a tape measure

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2009, 02:57:56 pm »
Thankfully as a carpet fitter and laminate floorer, im quite handy with a tape measure  ;)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 174