News: To pay your membership fee by PayPal please send your email address to Cee .

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 20, 2024, 06:28:01 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: How it all stacked up  (Read 4219 times)

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
How it all stacked up
« on: April 25, 2009, 11:50:10 pm »

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
Re: How it all stacked up
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 12:12:53 am »
what model of GT4 was used for these figures , i'm assuming its the 185 but to be honest i'm not impressed by those figures in comparison to the other cars featured there

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • I see you baby, shaking that ..................
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:16:30 pm »
I'd assume it was a crate myself.  If we are all being honest, the four was never as quick as its rivals in true speed, its power to weight ratio wasnt and even today isnt close to the scoobys and evos, or the pulsars.  but it wasnt the power of the four that drew a lot of people to it.  (im talking 165's and 185's here only as the faff does resemble a hyundai)  the four is a better looking car than the majority of its rivals, its handling is better than a lot of its rivals, and it never had the chav identity that the scooby suffered(still suffers from) and the Evo is now suffering from.  It was viewed as the grown up choice of the turbo'd 4 wheel drive brigade.

The Galant VR4 if its the EC5a or EC5w version from late 96 on was and still is a fantastic car, and having owned one in JDM Legnum form, those figure would surprise me, id assume the Galant figure are the older 2.0 model.

Lets not forget cars like the renault 5 GT Turbo, a mad little 1.4 that would give a standard 165 or 185 a very close run for its money, or the Charade Gtti which was stupidly fast for a 1.o 3 cylinder turbo.
Gaffer tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship"  more than wrinkles in the gaffer tape.....

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 10:49:42 am »
Probably used a bone-stock 185 indeed, heavy and thoroughly throttled in stock form.

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:07:55 pm »
Or they used pauls faff.   :D
Gaffer tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship"  more than wrinkles in the gaffer tape.....

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 07:05:30 pm »
Or they used pauls faff.   :D

You sure????? Times are a bit sharp for the Jaffa???

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 07:08:11 pm »
thanks for pointing out my glaringly obvious mistake, couldnt be pauls as the car used was obviously actually driving and not parked in Momentum!

Offline tcc

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 09:18:47 pm »
who cares we drive toyotas

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 09:54:22 pm »
Is it just me or is Paul remaining dignified as as all faff owners are and staying out of it  ;D

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 09:57:06 pm »
Is it just me or is Paul remaining dignified as as all faff owners are and staying out of it  ;D

Nope, he just can't say anything as he only gets to see his car at weekends and bank holidays at the minute. ;D ;D ;D

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2009, 09:57:49 pm »
nope mr fife, i'm always and always will be a crate man at heart, I have that faff because its special in the four world and it everything i wanted in a four, but mark my words i'll be having a CS again. Miss my old one that much i'll have another when i can afford it.

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2009, 10:02:04 pm »
Nope, he just can't say anything as he only gets to see his car at weekends and bank holidays at the minute. ;D ;D ;D

LMAO ;D

I must admit i would like to own a red or white CS, maybe when I'm out my time (I can dream)

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2009, 09:36:11 am »
The GT4 that first got me wanting a GT4 was a white CS on a campsite in the lakes, sat alone in a muddy field with massive mountains as a backdrop it looked awesome. I'll slowly convert my ATA into a CS, at least in parts!

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline flyingtele

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 11:00:50 am »
The GT4 that first got me wanting a GT4 was a white CS on a campsite in the lakes, sat alone in a muddy field with massive mountains as a backdrop it looked awesome. I'll slowly convert my ATA into a CS, at least in parts!

Haha nice. i got into fours when browsing through cars on the net looking to buy one. Saw a few fours, and thought they looked cool and liked the idea of 4wd turbo, so I did a bit of research into them and their history etc, and I was sold! First car was a four, as was my second (destined as a donor for the first lol) and im pretty sure the next car i buy will be a four.

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 12:18:11 pm »
Its OK for some, my first car was a 1.1 Peugeot 205 (also a rally god, but not in 1.1 form!) as insurance back then (over a decade ago) was nearly £1000 a year for that (group 4) - a group 17 like the Four would just have been a chuckle followed by a 'click' from the other end of the phone.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 37
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 20