News: To pay your membership fee by PayPal please send your email address to Cee .

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 01:53:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Aaarrggh  (Read 2070 times)

Offline Cee

• Treasurer
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Aaarrggh
« on: August 08, 2008, 10:32:24 am »
As some of you know I have had a little trouble with 'reliability' on my 4... well thanks to Daz identifing the fault and my wonderful hubby for fixing it she now starts every time.. or will once the battery stops being so shocked at being asked to actually start the car!!

BUT.. I now have a much worse problem.. my clutch has gone :(... I've had enough to be truthful.. been thinking of selling up as trying to fund both of ours is becoming increasingly difficult.

I need persuading so please tell me wonderful things about owning your 4's and remind me of how much I'll love her when she stops costing so much !!

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
Re: Aaarrggh
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 10:44:40 am »
Texed you!!!!
Nnnnnnnoooooooooooooooooo!!!
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline The Doctor

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 12:14:05 pm »
"I need persuading so please tell me wonderful things about owning your 4's and remind me of how much I'll love her when she stops costing so much !!"

I love my faff.Went into the local Toyota dealership the other day to get some split pins and took my son George who is two with me(he goes everywhere with me in the four).They had a Sony playstation in customer services with Sega rally on which happenes to have a castrol St205 doing the business on the intro.George speaks out in a very loud voice,"daddy`s car,nice".Most people just smiled and a young spotty nosed kid just laughed :o

Unknown to anybody inside the faff was outside parked behind a large parts lorry which with timing to perfection moved out of the way as we left.The look on those peeps faces as we left was a picture.George waving to them all was the icing on the cake ;D

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 12:19:37 pm »
love it Doc lol, i just love the attention i get when i was in the sainz, young kids loved that car then the orange one you can hear me 2mile away and when everyone seen it for the 1st time it was all smiles and questions and a queue for people to take them a run, they must have thought i was made of money so all they got was a staring session at it, Cee i'll kick your ass if you sell up and how will it feel being a passenger all the time in one
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:30:37 pm by paul_gt4 »

Offline The Doctor

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 12:47:22 pm »
Your going to miss all those road trips abroad unless you ride shotgun :(

Offline Frikkin Evil

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 02:48:00 pm »
you have to ask yourself... How can you be happy driving anything else after owning a Four?

Offline Cee

• Treasurer
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 03:05:32 pm »
Keep 'em coming.. I'm trying to remember that first drive all those years ago.. and how she feels after the huge garage payment.. the buzz you get that makes it all worth it...

Offline Driveby

• Stance Monkey
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
  • Fo'Rider
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2008, 07:37:36 pm »
Dont do it!!! if moneys tight then tuck her up in the garage until funds permit, if not youll regret it!
You know that when shes fixed that first drive will make it all worth while ;D

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2008, 10:10:29 am »
You cant sell the four just think back to the first time you pulled up next to a impreza (or as i like to call them an ar**hole because everyones got one! lol) and wiped the smug look of the owners face  8)

or as drive by says tuck her up for a wee while. i've thought about selling mine with the petrol prices but just couldnt part with her.

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline Ravydavygravy

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2008, 12:37:08 pm »
Hi cee, hi Mark. Hows things?

Me 2 year old rps max street clutch and nice fidanza flywheel decided to fall apart last week. >:(

It's getting fixed at the moment but i think it's going the journey in the next fortnight. T'will be a sad moment but hopefully i'll replace it with something fun.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 12:43:26 pm by Ravydavygravy »

Offline Dee

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • RALLY BASSET HATES MORNINGS
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2008, 04:51:31 pm »
Well I have to say after taking on the 185 I wouldnt want to drive anything else (unless it was a faff or CS) I love the 4's, how they drive, how they handle, how they look, just everything about them.  I guess we all have bad times with our cars or lives, jesus me and Jools have had our fair share and its still happening, but you have to keep thinking back to everything good and what you love so just think back to fun times, like meets etc that you've enjoyed in her and you wont want to part with her  ;D

Offline Cee

• Treasurer
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2008, 07:46:23 am »
Thanks for all the thoughts... you can't tempt me Davey.. remember i drove yours at Vine Place when i was being tempted by the darkside!!

Not unless you'll take my Civic off me anyway :)

It seems very unlikely she'll be fixed in time for JAE and I'm totally gutted :( JAE is our only holiday this year and I was really looking forward to driving convoy and having all that fun that I DO know she can offer when all is right...
It looks like I'll get to try this riding shotgun malarky and take some vids of the trip that way - who knows it mght be fun!!

Watch this space ..

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0