News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 09:31:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Really really annoyed  (Read 8046 times)

Offline strapper

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Really really annoyed
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 07:09:20 pm »
Sorry to hear of your bad news Paul. gutted to see that happening to that car.

I don't know if you are aware but this time last year my friend Paul Bartolo who built the car had just fitted new 1000cc injectors and fuel rail setup and only got round to start mapping the car for the changes before he passed away. I don't know if the car was ever mapped properly after that? That is the last piece of history I know of the car and I thought you should know.
If the car did get the map finished properly then its just been missfortune and run of the mill bad luck but if the car hasn't had the maps touched and been driven quite a bit in the last year then thats whats caused this to happen for sure.
Hope you get everything sorted ok and keep the range beast alive and well!

Scott

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 10:25:57 pm »
well not 100% sure of how it was caused as i never touched the boost controller since recieving the car, could have been a mapping issue but i haven't been up in Momentum since the car was left there early last week, but will be up there this week to see hows are going and to get a rough guesstimate of how everything is going to go and costs, thanks for the concerns anyways folks, as stated i know when the car comes back it'll be built and mapped to a higher standard than before so hopefully my worries will be at an end then........... thanks Scott for that info, i'll be basically doing a picture write up of the work in progress as this car is one of the special ones in the four community

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2008, 09:08:28 am »
Jeez, you come in on a Monday morning to this....F u c k m8, I honestly had no clue the car was broke and from driving it I had no signs at all of anything wrong. Obviously, you knew about the mapping issuse and the 1000cc injectors going in. I made this very clear. I very rarely used the car as I posted up on the orignial for sale post. Thats why I wanted it to go to someone who would A) use it and B) look after it. Please don't think for one second I sold this knowing about the issues. I drove the car 360 miles to meet you in Manchester as you know and it never missed a beat. The car never got thrashed and when I took you out for a spin in it, this was the fasted it had been in some time. As you know from this test drive it was fine and you wouldn't have known it had anything wrong. It never used oil, never smoked, had no blow by at the breather etc...
I'm ever so sorry this has happened m8, there is nothing worse than selling a car and then 2 weeks later it breaks. I know as you say though, it will be bigger and better once its sorted m8. I don't beleive in ghosts, but you have to wonder with the issues you've had  :o
I've PM'd you as well m8...

1988 - TTE Rally replica ST165 (For sale)
2008 - Yamaha R1 (For fun)

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2008, 01:36:28 am »
was up with the faff earlier today and when i got the bill for the fix, i nearly blew a 300amp fuse, not sure how much its going to cost to leave it back to the standard i collected the car in, but i've added a few things to the list so i don't have to it in future which is bumping the price up, basically the head is getting a full overhaul other than the HKS cams and AEM pulleys everything else is going to be worked or replaced........ i'm going to be getting a break down emailed to me over the next few days to show where all my hard earned cash will be going......... and i'll post it up here to show the future prospected changes and where my 4600quid will be going

Offline Insanity-74

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2008, 05:07:39 am »
Blimey mate...thats alot of cash considering you have spent ages saving up and only just forked out X quid for buying the car in the first place...dont go busting yourself over this...remember it is only just a car

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2008, 07:11:22 pm »
Oh dear.
being Friday ...
Oh *BLEEP*e.
Owww gawd Paul... oh whata problem / Nakeers sold as....
look... i'm just a bystander. but I have feelings XX
Sympathy..... symphonie ...play nice music...it chills ou out????
ket a kia? 44mpg?
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2008, 10:40:56 pm »
well using the puma again lol, but i have started paying it off and the car could be back on the road in 4 weeks funds permitting, so i'll keep you informed, going to get the guys to do pics of the full build for the forum if possible

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #37 on: July 01, 2008, 12:04:23 am »
well was up with the faff today again as i was only around the corner in belfast as sarah was up in queens university for some meeting, everything is stripped out and every part will be there tomorrow so let the work commence, got another bit of bad news as well but kinda don't really mind it, car needs a clutch kit as the plates are down to near the rivets so may as well do it now when everything is out rather than doing it all again in the coming months

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
« Reply #38 on: July 01, 2008, 12:13:16 am »
ACT2600, a mans clutch.

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #39 on: July 01, 2008, 12:15:35 am »
nah i just need the plates and release bearing and whatever comes in the kit for the HKS twin plate

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2008, 06:40:21 pm »
Thats a fair wack of cash! hopefully things go a lot better for you this time. will be good to see the final result, give all of us inspiration.

Good luck Paul  ;D

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2008, 10:52:36 pm »
yeah well clutch kit is coting about £340 i think from Sumopower or HKS Europe themselves, hopefully that'll be the last thing i need to get.........

Offline strapper

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #42 on: July 02, 2008, 05:51:17 pm »
Jings a clutch too! It didn't really have a hard life thought a 1k clutch would have lasted longer than that :o
Good to see that it's all coming together. Are you getting the guy from dta to map it once it's been run in? I've got loads of pics of the car 1st time around when it was built up.

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #43 on: July 02, 2008, 10:54:05 pm »
andrew has mapped loads of DTA's in the past and was saying about needing a pop box as he didn't have one anymore, i opened the boot and said is this what your on about, he was impressed by the one paul made for the car......... so he'll be doing the mapping of the car, when they stripped the box they noticed the plates being very thin so they split the clutch and there was very little milage left on it, you could just see the dimples where the rivets would have been coming through so it was best to replace it whilst all the work was being done, and strapper could you send me over the pics as i'm looking to redo a portfolio for the car

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2008, 02:40:51 pm »
got another call this morning from spud, saying i need a new block as the original block couldn't be used with the oversize pistons as there is a few thou between the cylinder wall and piston number 3 and the block was previously linered with the half mil oversize pistons and wouldn't be advisable doing it again.......... this is getting rediculous

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 222
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 214