News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 19, 2024, 06:58:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Why do we pay road tax?  (Read 1136 times)

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
Why do we pay road tax?
« on: April 04, 2008, 06:00:42 pm »
I know this is the "chill out room" but I'm so angry i can't describe it. its a lovely afternoon so i thought id wash the car forgetting I'd used all th polish, so on the way 2 get sum i hit a pothole hidding a drain with the cover off the first i knew of it was BANG!!!! then followed by the same when i went over every other bump i pay £200 a year for the privilege of letting them distroy my pride any joy! >:( >:(
 now my cars got the same knocking noise it had just before i had the figure 8s and lower arms replace in september last year and as most of you will know they ain't cheap! so I'm pretty gutted. and then to make matters worse while cleaning bird crap of the bonnet i managed to scratch it  :'( :'( :'(

sorry rant over!

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
Re: Why do we pay road tax?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 06:08:59 pm »
oh and one more thing last night while giving a guy from works Evo 8 fq-300 a bit sport on the way home the car stuttered as i went into 4th and the engine management light came on, but when i slowed down the light went off and the cars been fine ever since. i only put the decat on last week so I'm guessing thats wot they call boost creep because the boost controller says the peek was 1.25bar which and its only set to run 1 bar just now.

sorry having a bad week!

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline Steve_666

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2008, 06:55:31 pm »
I think we should pay for mileage. I risk my life and cycle to work most days and yet I get raped by the government because I have a weekend toy. Don't get me started  >:(!

Sound like you hit fuel cut! I nearly crapped the first time it happened to me.
Remember some people are alive simply because it is illegal to shoot them!

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2008, 07:32:33 pm »
its a damn sickner i know, i'd be trying to screw every penny out of them as compensation, get the photographs and send them off with your fingers crossed, as for the splutter that sounds like fuel cut

Offline silkyst185

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Sweeeeet!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:13:34 pm »
i know the feeling pal was out in the 4 last week after enquiring about a paint job for the bumper and on the way back home my tyre blow cause i hit a pot hole cost me £105 i cant understand where the money goes because its certainly not on any roads in Andover >:(
if women were GT4's men would never cheat.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 19
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 6