News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 03:35:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Not been on for a while  (Read 21319 times)

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Not been on for a while
« on: December 30, 2022, 10:39:45 pm »
Evening All,

As the title states, Not been on for a while and have to report on a few things.

Not so good news. I now no longer have my four. I sold it to a guy near Guildford and he got it just before Xmas. I used Evoke Classics to sell it and had no issues with the sale.  :'(  :'( I have left the link below.

https://www.evoke-classics.com/auction/1991-toyota-celica-gt4-widebody-import/

Better news, I got married in September near Gretna Green (Only took me 12 years or so  :D :D) and it doesn't feel any different between us, just we have rings and a piece of paper. (I'm STILL paying the northern intergration fees, the rings don't give discount  ;D ;D )

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and are looking forward to 2023.
There is never enough free time for anything fun.

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
Re: Not been on for a while
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 07:34:01 pm »
Whoo hoo !! Well done that man!
You look SO happy you lucky bar Stewart  ;)
I too do not get on often!
I am not too well but still live my motors.
Fingers cannot type well due to  CIPN.
Check that out if you want.
Lovley to hear from you and ATB
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline Frikkin Evil

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2023, 11:15:21 pm »
Hey guys, thought I too would check in.

Congratulations Martyn on your wedding, I wish you a long and happy marriage! Now you've got that out the way, you can start planning on buying your next GT-Four  ;D

Sorry to hear of your health woes Jeff... I had to look up CIPN. I hope your Chemo is a success and you can make a full recovery. Cars can at least be a welcome distraction from the *BLEEP* things in life, when they're not causing their own problems.

Things are ok up here. I still have the ST205, which is currently in bits again. This time I'm tackling the rear end problems, fuel tank, suspension, brakes, rust proofing. It's been a slog, especially the goddamn seized bushes, but I am nearly at the point of starting to put back together. I did nearly come to grief at the weekend when I was tightening a bush removal clamp and the threaded rod snapped... releasing all the pent up energy in the rubber bush and sending half the rod etc past my head and into the wall behind me. That was one of those moments where you contemplate life and the universe and how freaking close that was!

Once it's all back together and I'm finished breaking tools, I am hoping to get some more hillclimb action this year. Between the engine rebuild and this current work on the car I am getting impatient to burn some rubber!

Anyway, speak again soon I hope.

Cheers, Dave.

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2023, 02:19:01 pm »
Howdy all, another check-in to see how everyone is ticking along as well as they can.

Every year I consider whether to remove this forum and somehow end up telling myself no. Will it ever re-grow?

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 43