News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 08:57:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: st185 project car  (Read 4248 times)

Offline deejay

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
st185 project car
« on: March 15, 2008, 03:23:51 pm »
Hi All,

Well after 18 months and lots of rows with my wife my ST185 project has to go.
Its a 90 Jap import but has a UK cs engine fitted which was bought from salvageman from this site.
Although it's a project vehicle it does have 6 months MOT on it and I have been running it a little, but the road tax has just ran out.
It does need someone who knows what they are doing with these cars though (Not me!) as it is showing an error code 52 and although I have changed the knock sensor and also the o2 sensor I am still getting the management light coming on and the same error code.
The car has had some mods done by the previous owner such as an extreme exhaust manifold, aussie downpipe and custom made 3" stainless steel exhaust front to back (a bit on the loud side for me).
It has a front mounted intercooler, batterys been moved to the boot and has a decent sound system.
I have quite a few spares which will be coming with the car such as a spare turbo, leads o2 sensors etc.
Its the black metalic colour and the bodywork is in good condition. No idea of the mileage though due to the engine change.
All in all its a very good project which just needs a little bit of finishing.

I'm after either £900 or a swap for a hatchback or convertible.

Anyone interested??????

Phone 07952909215 or pm me. I can send pics if you are interested.

Dave

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
Re: st185 project car
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 08:51:00 am »
Dis what I said Dave, catch you next weekend.
Found this too.:-
It is a bitch to get to. basically, if you take the drivers side front wheel off and look through the whole above the steering rack with a torch. on the back of the engine block youll see a (about) 22mm nut, possibly white with a connector linking onto it. That is the knock sensor. It does seem a common fault that the wiring corrodes, and usually its not the knock sensor at fault when you get that error code.

I would guess, that the sensor itself has a feed direct from the ecu and a feed back from the sensor to ground somewhere. someone with a manual will be able to tell you this by looking in the eletrical section, as I believe this details how all the sensors etc are connected to the ecu.

Might help? 
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline peterp1per

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 12:16:08 pm »
got some piccies and a location bud?
Pete.
Basingstoke.

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 04:25:02 pm »
He is just up the road from me near North Shieds.
I'' see him at W/E for some piccies!!!
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline deejay

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 05:41:31 pm »
Hi Jeff,

I'm glad the manifold sorted your cs. Thanks for mentioning my 185 again. It's still up for grabs and MUST go as I need a car that I can use for work ad I'm still getting grief from her indoors.
So if there is anyone out there with a hatchback that they would like to swop for this or just make me an offer around the £750 mark.
I will send pics for any interested parties.

Dave

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 104
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0