News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 02, 2024, 12:27:51 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: keep or sell  (Read 4674 times)

Offline P5ycho

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
keep or sell
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:56:44 am »
ok lads and lasses, decision time and i need your support
you all may know i have bought a new faff, Black 94 wrc as my old black faff died on me few months ago,
the problem began with my car the day of the rolling road event i organised at Weston Performance in Birmingham,
after she came off the rollers something felt wrong, the chap doing the dyno run had aborted on the 3rd attempt as there was a misfire a high rpm and he did not want top take responsibility if the engine got damaged.
any way the car was fine that day, the following day i started the car in the morning and it sounded like a subaru, my gut feeling told me that a piston or a piston ring but my mates said it could be plugs and leads causing misfire,
so we got some new plugs and leads and replaced them, oil and filter i had changed before the dyno day...
but when i started her the sound was still there, now at this point some of you will remember i got offered a job in just outside Swindon. and i had accepted the job,
the problem was i needed transport and my only transport was my faff, so i had no choice, i decided i had to use it, had no funds for another car at this point so i couldn't do much else, anyway, she served me well for about a month, then one day on my way back to Birmingham to see my folks she lost all power and died on the m42,
called out the rac. she would crank but not start, we could smell fuel, i ended up having her recovered on a trailer to my house in Birmingham, and there she has sat since,
Being at work in Melksham which is 30 miles from Swindon and 150 miles from Birmingham i had no time to fix her, so i went and bought her replacement,
now i need to do something with her as the replacement is staying for a while. either she goes to someone as a project or a breaker, or i drop and engine in and sell her or if someone fancies a project and wishes a part ex, then drop me a line, let me know what you have and we'll chat, i would love a white or yellow faff and am prepared to pay some money on top of my dead car, but at the same time i wouldn't mind a diesal i can use as a run around so get in touch if you would like a trade...
the car was bought from keighley over 3and half years ago, mileage on clocks at the moment is 88.5k and was running mph but i have removed the speedo converter and fit it in my new car..
there is quite a bit of paperwork i have which i'll give with the car...
she is 14 years old so there are one or two tiny dents on her but the panels are mostly straight.and there is no damage to my knowledge..

i have also removed most of my toys but the following bits are still on the car....

TRD Coilovers on front with trd topmounts, Tein Springs on the rear,lowered 40mm
 (Gravel setup idea suggested by a friend heavily into cossies works really well)
Walbro fuel pump 255l/hr intank
Aussie Downpipe
Sard Exhaust (only one in the country worth 750+vat )
almost new brake disks and pads all round
new clutch just over 6 months ago
new timing belt at time of clutch
new plugs, lead, dizzy and rotor arm,
Clifford concept 650 alarm, with blackjax and remote start and remote windows,wokrs as a turbo timer too if you set it, alarm adjustment access point i have fitted in the glovebox, all you need is a clifford datalead, i'll supply the software, you can customize the alarm to your own taste(worth £1500)
can be programmed to start the car if it is too cold or battery begins to lose charge. and turbo timer time etc can be easily adjusted using a laptop..
rear windows tinted 30%
rear foglight conversion
blacked out side indicators
sandwich plate for oil temp and pressure sensor is still on there but i have removed the sensors..

mechanically the car is spot on,
gearbox is absolutely mint no crunches etc
clutch is very light and soft
rear diff is excellent
suspension is solid
seats are mint
brake calipers have been painted red
glass is all immaculate and no stonechips
interior is immaculte, some marks on dash but only minor,
front anti roll bar links i replaced when i put the coilovers on,
has 10 months mot but tax is running out soon,

many of you have seen the car before but i've removed the body kit so it now looks different so i'll put up some pictures for you, also i'd like to make clear the wheels in the pix wont be coming with the car, and she'll need to be taken on a trailer..
right then if you have read this far, here are the pix....

i'm sure there are other bits on the car that i have forgotten, i shall list them when/if i remember,
anyone wishing to chat about her call or text me on 07973326093 and i'll call you back, thanx a bunch guys, also any input will be valued as i need to either get her running and sold or sold as she is before the end of this month...
regards
Az

Offline RobbieMcVee

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 11
  • Oi!!
Re: keep or sell
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2008, 07:48:32 pm »
it does seem that there are a number of 205's around that have existing emgine problems, the trouble is selling one that has this problem is an unknown.. even buying a front clip will cost around a grand, that added to the price of the car will give you a car worth about £3.5k or less.
Its a shame as we can see the amount of mods you have added to it, if it was me i'd break it.
I broke one reciently and it took about 8 months to get rid of most of it, so if you don't have the time - it might be best just to take it on the chin and sell it off.
not good news but at least you bought another 4
PHEW!!!!

Offline P5ycho

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2008, 08:51:28 pm »
thanx mate, it seems i may end up fixing her and selling or giving to the mrs.
i'll hold fire a week or two and if no joy then shes gettin fixed,

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2008, 09:39:15 pm »
az man.. i'll have the clifford  ;)window jobbie???

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2008, 11:06:45 pm »
i'd just drop an engine in it and get it back on the road, my opinion to be honest as its too good a car to be breaking off especially as everything is else is sound in it, and probably cheaper than taking out the old engine to have it stripped to find the problem and rectifiy it (if that could be done)

Offline lica

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 11:39:47 am »
id again say break it, theres a few bits that catch my eye ;)

its a shame that its possibly going to be worth more in parts.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 90
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 72