News: To pay your membership fee by PayPal please send your email address to Cee .

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 09:07:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Hey  (Read 132670 times)

Offline Richiev6

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Hey
« on: April 30, 2017, 03:55:08 pm »
Hi everyone, looking at getting a st205 very soon, really like the St205 and plan on having the car for a bit of fun and also as a bit of a project.  Not many about for sale it seems though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Re:
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 07:57:19 pm »
Hi Richie, where abouts are you?  If we can help, we will. Welcome to the club. What plans do you have for it, when you get it?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
There is never enough free time for anything fun.

Offline Richiev6

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Hey
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2017, 08:34:35 pm »
I'm in north wales, Ruthin.  Plan on having quite a bit of power going through, looking, eventually for around 450bhp.  Going to be a slow process though as have to save for every bit.  When I get one, plan is to change leads, oils, plugs, more up to date rad, new exhaust and maps etc, eventually hybrid turbo, bigger nozzles, updated clutch flywheel etc etc.  Want to make sure the car is mechanically sound before I start anything.  Need to find a good base car first.  Seen a few for about 4 or 5k.  Got my eye on an imported jdm spec one atm.  Just need to get the funds lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Re:
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2017, 11:49:27 pm »
IIRC on a 205, 300 brake is possible with minimal mods. From there, and this is what I would probably do and others can say otherwise is change the plugs to a grade colder, fuel pump and regulator then an induction kit and exhaust. From there, it will be a replacement ECU and injectors. I'd probably look at the rad and change the chargecooler system to a front mount intercooler, then probably into the realms of the turbo. It might also be a good idea to get forged engine parts (pistons, con rods, etc etc). Will you have a daily driver while the work is being done on the four ?

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Offline Richiev6

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 08:58:38 pm »
IIRC on a 205, 300 brake is possible with minimal mods. From there, and this is what I would probably do and others can say otherwise is change the plugs to a grade colder, fuel pump and regulator then an induction kit and exhaust. From there, it will be a replacement ECU and injectors. I'd probably look at the rad and change the chargecooler system to a front mount intercooler, then probably into the realms of the turbo. It might also be a good idea to get forged engine parts (pistons, con rods, etc etc). Will you have a daily driver while the work is being done on the four ?

Yeah I got an A6 as my daily, plan on doing as much of the work I can on the car myself.  Going to be my little toy/project ????

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Re:
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 11:48:33 pm »
Nice one, but I think they all become toys or projects.
At the moment mine needs new fuel lines from tank to engine, they haven't burst but are ready to do it soon. At that time I'll probably get the rear subframe polybushed and drop the walboro pump in too, along with a rising rate regulator.

Offline Richiev6

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2017, 03:58:38 pm »
Nice one, but I think they all become toys or projects.
At the moment mine needs new fuel lines from tank to engine, they haven't burst but are ready to do it soon. At that time I'll probably get the rear subframe polybushed and drop the walboro pump in too, along with a rising rate regulator.

Very true mate lol.  Are the fuel lines hard to do?  Seen a mostly standard one for sale but it's in Devon, about 4 and half hours away but seen one about an hour away but from what I have read the syncros might be on the way out as the seller says can be hard to get into gear in 3rd/4th.  Hard to find one relatively close lol.  Think I might be going for one in Devon just have to plan a weekend to go and get it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
Re:
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2017, 03:47:43 pm »
Hey up Richie,

How did you get on with the faff on Devon?

If you did manage to get it, can we see some pictures?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 75
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 36