News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 01:58:07 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: South west members  (Read 2212 times)

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
South west members
« on: August 03, 2009, 09:37:15 pm »
Are there any?

I see loads of GT4's down here in sunny Cornwall and don't remember seeing anyone on here from my neck of the woods? Anyone?

1988 - TTE Rally replica ST165 (For sale)
2008 - Yamaha R1 (For fun)

Offline Strontium Dog

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 1
Re: South west members
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:53:32 pm »
I'm on Dartmoor and in and out of Cornwallshire often! I have mates in St Austel so I'm down there sometimes!

Where are you?
BEWARE OF THE DOG!

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 09:43:16 pm »
In Porthtowan on the north coast mate. I often see 185 and 205's kicking around but you never can tell if they are holiday makers? I used to see a black 205 on the A30 quite regular on my way to work.

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 09:44:52 pm »
Your not into mountain biking are you? I get over to Dartmoor now and then with the bike...

Offline Strontium Dog

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 02:14:46 pm »
Not into mountain bikes myself but if you're over this way feel free to drop in. Were often messing around with some car or another and we going to build a couple of lo-costs starting in Sept. The kettle is nearly always on!!!

I'll PM you my number and addy ;)
BEWARE OF THE DOG!

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 09:12:38 pm »
Locost, cool, I bought the book years ago and promised myself to build one, then life goes and gets in the way. I always fancied doing a GT4 running gear, 3SGTE powered one  ;)
But I could always use my GIXER instead...lol

I got your details mate, I'll be sure to pop over sometime. You are more than welcome here as well, if I can't tempt you with helping on the 165 rally conversion, there is always the blue bar down on the beach for a game of pool  ;)

See ya soon Si

Offline Strontium Dog

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2009, 01:49:16 am »
Gixer eh! I've a YZF1000R here that if I don't streetfighter might end up in a Mini! I have my mates girlfriends Mini here at the moment and that runs a 1340 supercharged to around 150hp. All good fun! I have some head work to do to it and a gearbox build probably and then it's off to Alan Jefries for some time on the rollers.

I get down to Snozzle quite often so I might just blat over for that game of pool. What are you doing to your 165? Not much rallying down here but here is a good Hillclimb at Lostwithial and Camel Vale Car Club run some good events you might like! ;)
BEWARE OF THE DOG!

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2009, 09:56:29 am »
Hillclimbing looks and sounds fun, would love to get the 165 out doing something like that when finished. At the mo its in the process of being turned into a replica of the TTE car. Obviously its not going to be exact but it'll be close. Its running 205 everything pretty much and I've just fitted a TD07 turbo kit to it. Not after massive power, I'm looking more are weight reduction and much better brakes and handling. After owning many GT4's over the years, weight is certainly the main problem with them...
Its all something to do at the end of the day and I'm sure if it ever does get finished, she will beat most cars round the twisty roads of Cornwall  ;)

Thanks ofr the tip on the Camel Vale, I may have to look into that  :)

As for the Gixer, I fear it will be going soon to fun the rest of the bottomless pit known as my house....lol (plus a bit left over for the car of course)

See ya soon

Offline Strontium Dog

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »
If you're doing up you're house then I may be of help. I am a sparks and I also do a bit of building work especially Barn conversions (you can come and see mine nearly completed near Tavistock any time) and the like. I have a 1.5 ton digger at my disposal (I sold it to a very close mate in St. Austel) and there isn't much we can't do so.....................!!! ;)
BEWARE OF THE DOG!

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 219
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0