News: To pay your membership fee by PayPal please send your email address to Cee .

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 05:22:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Hairdressers car for sale.  (Read 4620 times)

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
Hairdressers car for sale.
« on: June 12, 2009, 11:29:55 pm »
I found this on another forum and thought I'd post it here.
IT'S NOT MINE.
Right its got to go, simply not practical for work

For sale is my 1991 Toyota Celica GT4 widebody import. 5 Months Tax, 11 Months Mot

It's a 2ltr Turbo, 4 wheel drive thats covered 125km so about 70k.

It was imported in 1998, on the road until 2004 then parked up by the previous owner for that last 5 years on his drive doing nothing - following a waterleak

I bought it approx 1 month ago and got it mot'd a couple of weeks ago and went straight through - no advisories

It's had,

New waterpump and cambelt last weekend, old belt kept and photo's prove it was replaced
New rad/thermostat a few weeks previous.
4 x New Kumho tyres

Mechanically it seems very sound and unmodified, think the factory spec is 204 bhp but obviously being a turbo it makes it perfect for tuning. According to what i've read they run 10psi as standard and can be safely increased to 12psi which bumps the bhp to 235-240ish apparently? this is something I was going to look into if I was going to keep it.

Clutches on these are expensive to replace but good news is that the clutch is very good and has a very low biting point

It has a very nice sony head unit fitted that I will leave in the car, 'toyota' momo steering wheel and an aftermarket Razo gear knob fitted - all of which were on the car when imported.

Bodywork is straight and currently in matt black as the old paint was very tired due to standing so long (originally black), however i'm going to repaint the car in Satin Black as the matt seems to be quite high maintenance to keep clean so this will be done prior to being sold.

Interior - is very tidy, seat bolster is not ripped and all electrics work - electric seats and mirrors flip in.

Known faults - yes it has some but it is 18 years old.
Plastic trim in boot broken (my fault!), hatch struts tired - has a clifford alarm fitted but remotes don't seem to do anything (instructions/receipt for alarm with car) - something i'm sure an alarm place would be able to solve.
Sun damage to dash, dash is lifting by the vents, no cracks so not to obvious at all
Air con isn't working - but this was all refurbed prior to being laid up for 5yrs ago according to histroy so may just need regassing? not investigated this.
History - yes it has all the paperwork since being imported.

Price : £1500 ono - I found this quite a hard car to price as nationally there are none of these for sale on autotrader, especially in wide body.

Located in Armitage, Staffordshire. - 07717871649

May consider a part ex but must be mot'd/taxed - will consider a cheap runabout + some cash. Try me

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
Re: Hairdressers car for sale.
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 12:01:25 am »
Matt black is different in them, still don't fancy buying it though

Offline Frikkin Evil

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:34:37 am »
Does it have stealth capabilities then? Matt black though... Whaaaa? Cars should be shiney.

What makes it a hairdresser's car?

Offline Trouble

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 08:16:02 am »
Aww killer iv just spent loads more then that on an ECU :(

Trouble by name trouble by nature.  It just happens that way.

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 09:19:33 am »
I agree with Frikkin Evil it would look much better astral black.

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 96