News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 19, 2024, 12:11:56 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Knock link Det display(sold)  (Read 2418 times)

Offline P5ycho

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Knock link Det display(sold)
« on: April 21, 2009, 06:47:14 pm »
Bought this for my gt4 but never installed, so still complete with instructions and Link dispay and bosch Knock sensor,
Thor sell these for £170 including vat i would like £150 posted. bare in mind it is all brand new and unused.
can be used to
Monitor engine "Noise".
Optimise advance.
Detect Detonation.

heres a link to Thors website containing pics etc
http://www.thor-racing.co.uk/Knock_Detection-271.asp
details below borrowed from Thor website

Most modern engines will already have a knock sensor fitted as standard, but any type of knock sensor may be fitted as required. The sensor is normally screwed into a boss on the engine block although some manufacturers fit the sensor in the inlet manifold (especially Ford). In either case, the sensor must be in such a position that block vibrations are coupled to the sensor.

Assuming the engine is operating correctly, the LEDs will show only background noise which will rise in proportion to engine power output. Any abrupt rise in signal level at any time is an indication that detonation is occurring. The immediate remedy is to close the throttle. Severe detonation will destroy any engine in seconds.

Knocking is the self detonation of the unburnt fuel in the combustion chamber toward the end of combustion. The flame burns abound ten times faster than normal causing huge pressures. Possible cures for knocking are: cooler intake air; increased intake humidity; reduce load; increase RPM; enrichen or lean engine from lambda stoichiometric; improve spark; increase octane level of fuel; reduce total ignition advance etc.

advertised elsewhere too
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 07:35:49 pm by P5ycho »

Offline P5ycho

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Knock link Det display
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 10:01:55 pm »
provisionally sold

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats