News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 05:50:24 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: **SOLD**1991 ST185 widebody. JDM import *now with pics* **SOLD**  (Read 4315 times)

Offline roger_sausage

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
After much thought I've got to put her up for sale. I'm saving for a house as well as a holiday and i just can't afford to keep her any longer.

I bought the car in March as a project and haven't the time or funds available to continue any further. After spending a small fortune getting her fit and ready for the road I'm now not going to be able to enjoy! Sod's law eh?

Anyway, there's tax and MOT until the end of September and she's fully road worthy and running fine. I'm not going to speculate about power but it pulls strongly in every gear and must be making a decent chunk of grunt over stock. The spec is as follows;

1991 ST185 wide-body in mettalic grey.
JDM Import (speedo is in mph and the rear fogs have been integrated in to the rear lights so there's no unsightly box hanging from the bumper!)
Navy blue interior with electric lumbar support on driver's seat (absolutely no rips or tear, in fact the seats are like new)
Convenience option for the steering column
A/C removed (my attempt at putting her on a diet lol)
Blitz SUS induction kit
Blitz BOV with Samco hoses
NGK Platinum plugs (one grade cooler)
Manual boost controller (stock boost at the moment)
Turbo timer
Genuine uprated Exedy clutch
HKS Silent Hi-Power exhaust system (standard downpipe with gutted cat)
Brand new front discs and pads (genuine discs and Mintex pads)
Mocal remote oil filter kit (not fitted yet but will go with the car)
OZ Superleggera rims, recently blasted and refurbished in anthracite with new genuine OZ carbon centre caps
All 4 tyres are excellent (fronts are brand new, rears are nearly new)
New JVC CD head unit
Brand new carbon fibre effect dials by Mook @ Skewer.co.uk and new brighter bulbs
TIM boost gauge
Genuine TRD carbon ball gearknob and rear badge
Brand new front and rear plates
CAT 1 Toad alarm & immobiliser with remote central locking.

As you can see, I've spent a fortune on getting her sorted over the last few months, including having the engine removed and getting the steering rack mounts welded and dressed by Ian Smith @ TR&D and attending to all the water and oil leaks etc. I've also just had the front wings and side rubbing strip mouldings painted to bring the bodywork up to scratch as well as the wheel re-furb.

Bad bits;

The laquer is peeling very slightly on the front bumper (I had intended to fit an CS bumper so didn't bother sorting it).
The temperature gauge is playing up, it's sitting at cold but after a bit of a tap on the cluster it comes up to temperature.
Very slight dent on the N/S/R arch, it didn't bother me enough to warrant getting it sorted to be honest.
Rear diff-mount could probably do with replacing at soon as it's starting to jerk sometimes, not exactly a massive job though.
The steering wheel is a tad worn, I had an aftermarket one fitted but someone offered me a good price so I've re-fitted the standard one.

I've got a whole host of receipts from the previous owner detailing regular servicing and maintenance like oil (every 5-6000 miles), filter, plugs, leads, cambelt etc etc. He also replaced the transmission for a nearly new one (a Jap ST185 that was written off with only 33,000 kms on the clock!!!) last year.

I'll get some pics up over the weekend; I can't say it concourse but as you'll see from the photos it does look stunning and drives lovely. I'm really really gutted about selling it and it's taken a long hard thought process to get me to do it!!

I'm only asking for £1250 which I know is a bargain considering all the time and money that's been spent!

Please feel free to leave me a PM or email; rogersausage@hotmail.co.uk.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 04:16:12 pm by paul_gt4 »

Offline roger_sausage

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: 1991 ST185 widebody. JDM import *now with pics*
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 10:59:36 am »
Pics as promised...............

Offline roger_sausage

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 11:00:24 am »

Offline Redbeast

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Me hoose! but hopefully only for another 3 weeks!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2008, 03:06:34 pm »
nice motor - good luck!  at that price it'll be snapped up!

Offline roger_sausage

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 03:45:43 pm »
Cheers mate, she indeed got snapped up within a day or two of the pics getting posted!

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 04:15:44 pm »
really nice motor, usually not a fan of the grey but that is a nice example, so i take this is sold so i will lock and edit the thread.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 124
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 88