News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 05:54:17 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: 205 parts (but not of the Toyota kind!)  (Read 3163 times)

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
205 parts (but not of the Toyota kind!)
« on: June 13, 2008, 06:18:49 am »
It occurred to me whilst browsing though the various classified sections on the forum that people put up topics called '205 bits', etc., and it got me thinking that on the offchance someone here may or at least know someone with a Peugeot 205 / 205 GTi.

I used to be big into them and broke quite a few over the years. Since i am a miser rarely throw anything out, so i have a spare room full of 205 GTi parts and i'm clearing everything out to use it for something else.

I'm in the middle of cataloging everything as i was going to fire it all on eBay 5p listing day yesterday but didn't get even halfway through with the excitement of buying my new Mk2 MR2.

So... if you have, or have a mate who has, a 205 GTi and need any bits, make a post here  and i'll have a look for you. I've everything from AFMs to arches to aftermarket valances. This is really just the last of what i've left, i used to buy GTis just for breaking and make quite a tidy profit on eBay. Most performance bits are long gone, just a lot of good clean standard parts left.

Cheers,
Craig

Offline dalewgt4

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: 205 parts (but not of the Toyota kind!)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2008, 11:29:47 am »
what about the front bumper and how much for it? i have a 205 as a run around but not a gti?
www.rising-sun-racing.com  performance and tuning

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2008, 11:47:34 am »
Wish I had a GTi - I loved my little 1.1 and often had a play in my bosses 1.6 - that was like a rocket slid on rails. If I could do any car mods I think I'd like to drop my 185 running gear into a GTi shell - by-eck that would be fun!

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 12:32:21 am »
what about the front bumper and how much for it? i have a 205 as a run around but not a gti?
I'm trying the think if a non-GTi uses the same shape of bumper as the GTi, although i don't think it matters as i have an aftermarket valance here in white which basically bolts under the bumper.

Don't have any decent pics of it, but the company who make it are still selling it on http://www.tuning.co.uk/vauxshop/en-gb/dept_751.html so you get an idea of how it looks.

I have the valance, fogs and the splitter.

Might be a little too big to post but if you are interested and i'll put a price together.

Cheers,
Craig

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 12:40:36 am »
Wish I had a GTi - I loved my little 1.1 and often had a play in my bosses 1.6 - that was like a rocket slid on rails. If I could do any car mods I think I'd like to drop my 185 running gear into a GTi shell - by-eck that would be fun!
yep great wee cars, my Mi16 was a rocket, unfortunately it ended up like this after i swerved to avoid some silly cow who pulled out on me and stopped in the middle of the road when i was going full chat at 100+mph! Luckily i was strapped into a bucket seat with full harness on!

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2008, 04:20:05 pm »
Yeowch! Mind you, 100mph - unless the person pulling out on you was named sabine and it was a track you were on, I'm not sure you could entirely shift the blame :D

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline capman

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2008, 07:13:13 pm »
yes admittedly i was gunning it but it was late at night and on a clear straight road, just didn't count on someone pulling out at a junction and stopping dead... i managed to swerve and avoid a collision but the momentum from me trying to correct the swerve cause the car to roll and that pic was the result.  :(

ended up on the roof, and i managed to kick the door open and get out without a single injury. i put a lot of money into that car as well, shame...  :-X

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 145
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 125