News: To pay your membership fee by PayPal please send your email address to Cee .

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 02:44:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Its gotta go :-( (provisionally sold)  (Read 18866 times)

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
Its gotta go :-( (provisionally sold)
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:35:08 pm »
Hi all

After thinking long and hard about this, recent events have made up my mind for me. The Orange 205 has to go to a new home. Anyone that doesn't know about the car, ask anyone in the know GT4 wise and they will tell you its a bute. Its won awards at shows and has been a feature car in Banzai magazine.
I won't list the full spec, otherwise I'd be here all day. In a nut shell its one of thee best 205's on the road today and the engine bay is a work of art. Grab a copy of the Banzai mag it was in and see for yourself. (A copy comes with the car)

Now, when I say recent events making my mind up I simply mean the MOT run out and it failed on emissions. This means its needs mapping up again and I don't have the time and spare cash to get this done. Living in the southwest for a start makes this hard because there is no where round here to do it. The nearest place is Thor racing near brum. They have quoted me a few hundred to fully map it up.
Everything else MOT wise was fine (except the front numner plate being cut down too close to the letters so I've had a new one made up). Its taxed until the end of July.

Now, to even think about buying this car, you MUST e-mail me first (or PM) explaining who you are (if I don't already know you) and your intentions for the car. I have to know it will be looked after. Its going to sell very cheap because I'm not really after making money on the car. I inherted it after my close mate passed away last year. I've kept the car out of respect for him until now, but I can't justify wasting more time and money on something I use very little. Plus, I live quite far from work and it cost a fortune to run for a full week (I tried that one, never again) I'm getting it in the neck from my girlfriend and she thinks one GT4 is enough. Because the white 165 is never getting sold, this means the orange car must go. If it had passed its MOT no worries I probably would have kept it longer because the insurance is paid up for the year anyway. I really don't have the cash and time to be driving up to brum in it though and getting it setup.

Pictures below of the car show it as it currently looks. I will throw in the laptop as well, containing all the maps and software. Also the leads to connect etc etc. I've had a play around myself with trying to perfect the map to pass the MOT, but it needs doing properly on the rollers.

Having said that, it runs perfect and goes like a scalded cat. I've had it light all 4 wheels up in the past in second gear. I think last time it was rolling roaded, it put out about 420bhp @ 1 bar. This was before the 1000cc injectors went in. I currently have the boost set at 1.35 bar. Its a definate 500+bhp car now and may improve. Its a riot to drive and its sooooo hard not to floor it....lol

A bit of history about the car. I bought it originally back in 2001 and owned it for 3 years until I sold it to Paul in early 2004. He had it up until last summer, when it sadly came back to me. I have a wedge of history with the car that goes back to late 90's when it was imported into the UK. Originally it was a Silver WRC model.
It had an oil change about 3 weeks ago with Silkolene Pro S 10W/50 from Oilman and a new oil filter.

On paper its worth a fortune, the engine alone is worth more than most complete cars. its running custom everything and a HUGE garrett. Spools up around 4k and goes on well past 8k. If this were being sold normally I think you'd have to be looking at +10k. Its a 500bhp show car at the end of the day. I'm not expecting anywhere near this.

So, interested parties and I mean SERIOUSLY INTERESTED, please e-mail or PM me with details of who you are, where you are and we'll take it from there. I don't want a bidding war and won't be e-mailing others saying such and such offered me more, so the first serious person to e-mail me with a serious offer and readies ready plus the ability to come and collect it quickly before I change my mind (again) gets it.

Thanks

« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 10:40:24 pm by paul_gt4 »

1988 - TTE Rally replica ST165 (For sale)
2008 - Yamaha R1 (For fun)

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
Re: Its gotta go :-(
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 02:58:10 pm »
You had me going there. I was about to put the wife on ebay to finance your 165. (Whew) She would not have been pleased!
Glad its not the 165 as it'd be a tough toss up between that or herself.

Good luck with the sale, looks a lovely motor.

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 03:05:15 pm »
Cheers m8, the 165 wins on this one I'm affraid....lol

That car is with me till I die I recon, or until I trash it, which ever comes first, or they may come together on the Stelvio pass in September...lol

The Orange car is a different animal to the 165 and as much as I love the car, something gotta give  :-\

Thanks

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 11:23:34 pm »
that would nearly be worth parting with the CS for........ and baz its not because me and the woman have a thing for orange cars

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2008, 08:45:54 am »
Its an awsome car mate and in many ways better than my 165 but I can't sell that and can't keep them both. Talk about rock and hard place.
I could keep the Orange car and have it just sit rotting on the drive but whats the point? I want it to go to someone who will use it and look after it, thats what Paul would have wanted I think. Like I said in my first post, thats the main reason I've kept it this long really.

Someone will get themselves a real bargain anyway to enjoy for many years to come. And no doubt I'll end up hating them and wanting it back....lol

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2008, 08:56:55 am »
Worth pointing out to anyone interested, I'll be offline all weekend and back on first think Monday. If you send me a PM or e-mail I'm not ignoring you.

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2008, 01:07:18 pm »
that would nearly be worth parting with the CS for........ and baz its not because me and the woman have a thing for orange cars

Go for it. Its not like you have any creditability left now anyways. ;D

Offline martinking6

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2008, 07:30:59 pm »
Real sorry to hear this paul

I would of loved to of taken this car car on but I have 2 already and would deffo be getting attacked with the wife if I buy another

Martin
Black wrc st205,doing the head porting,polishing,knife edging,etc at the moment,it takes fecking ages but at least the police can`t get a finger print no more B-)
Black cs no.2901 st185 263bhp/250ft/lbs @ .9bar

Offline peterp1per

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2008, 09:09:29 pm »
If only i had the spare dosh  :-\

who ever buys that orange beast is gonna be one lucky bar steward
Pete.
Basingstoke.

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2008, 07:23:51 pm »
Ditto Pete, I'd buy this 4 in a heartbeat if I had the money. Someone is going to be sooooooooo happy with it. I was chatting to Cee earlier about an approved list of peeps who would be allowed to own this car, the list is short and confidential before you ask.

Cheers

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline Insanity-74

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2008, 07:45:05 pm »
Hmmmmm this was the car that made me buy a GT4 and I had a picture of it on my wall for ages from Performance & Modified Mag......I have some spare cash but I think it may be more than I have which is a shame. I also dont have enough room for another GT4 at the moment......sigh.

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2008, 08:14:17 pm »
I know what you mean. I'd nearly sacrifice my own project for the white one behind it in the pictures.

Offline Insanity-74

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2008, 08:56:10 pm »
I think you`d have more chance of buying Concord than getting that 165 from Wiggy

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2008, 09:06:52 pm »
All hail the mighty shed.

Wiggy is a car modifying GOD!!!

Offline Insanity-74

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 10:18:44 pm »
Hey Wigster...I think you have a fan here hahahahaha...carefull...might be competition for the misses :)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 108
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 90