News: To pay your membership fee by PayPal please send your email address to Cee .

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:26:33 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Possible sale: 1996 ST205 GT4 UK white  (Read 5012 times)

Offline aus

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Possible sale: 1996 ST205 GT4 UK white
« on: February 05, 2008, 01:34:29 am »
Possibly for sale: 1996 UK P reg GT4 ST205

2 previous owners
97,000 miles
FULL service history
Long MOT and TAX (It is dark and raining outside, so will update when I get a chance!)

I have religiously maintained the car with the best products, and only shell optimax fuel has been used.

I have a folder literally full with previous receipts etc, you would not believe the amount of history, I still have the original receipt when the first owner bought the car from Toyota for £30k+, and the autotrader cut-out of when the previous owner bought the car for £12k

The notorious fig8 suspension components have been changed, as has the cambelt etc, also, I fitted a VERY expensive ORC clutch and flywheel (Cost me nearly £1k!) recently, so nothing is required to be done!

It is one of the last UK GT4s ever produced, and is in absolutely immaculate condition.

Currently the car is running at 326 bhp and 272 lbft torque @1.1bar, with a dyno print out, when I got the car tuned up at John noble motorsport in Chesterfield.

This is the level I was comfortable tuning the car up to without messing about with engine internals etc. It is extremely fast, handles like a dream (Even with standard suspension), and retains the bombproof Toyota reliability.

Spec:

Performance
Blitz Nur SpecR,
XS power Downpipe,
Blitz SUS intake,
Blitz DD BOV,
Blitz SBC BC,
HKS Camshafts & cam gears (Inlet 256, Exhaust 264),
Dastek Unichip
ORC 409D clutch & flywheel

Suspension
Cusco TypeOS front strut bar

Exterior
35% tint
Silver wiper blades
Eurou front lip
TRD sideskirts & rear corner extensions
17x8 Volk TE37 'special order colour' with RAYS centre caps(VERY VERY VERY expensive and sought after!)
215/40/ZR17 toyo Proxies T1R .....almost brand new!

Interior
Pioneer mp3
2 rokford fosgate subs
3 amps (kenwood and alpine)
new wires and speakers all round
power capacitor
Blitz MD boost gauge

I am still in two minds whether to sell my pride and joy, but summer is approaching and a Honda s2000 is looking very appealing, as is my ideal car, a Supra TT….

I would ideally sell the car with all the bits on, but it seems more financially viable to sell the car as standard as possible, thus recuperating some of the money I have spent!

If anyone is interested, give me a price with all the stuff on (with the knowledge that if I was to sell the stuff separate, I would get in the region of 3.5k in parts).

Or a price for the car, with a set of 17 inch multi-spoke alloys, in standard spec apart from the TRD/Eurou bodykit, tinted windows and ORC clutch/flywheel (The stuff not practical to take off/out!).

Remember, this is a UK car….so cheaper insurance, and higher residual values!

Thanks for reading, I know it was a bit of an essay, but LOADS of information to go through, and I have probably still missed loads out!

Pics: (These pics are over various stages of evolution...lol)

(thats kgs...I had to check,lol)

(needs a clean...will add more pics of interior when I get a chance)
1996 White UK ST205

1998 Silver UK ST202

Offline DrG

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Possible sale: 1996 ST205 GT4 UK white
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 04:35:17 pm »
you have an email!

Offline aus

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 05:26:09 pm »
lol, you have mail!

after braving the cold today ;D, I have got some more details..

MOT: 29/10/08
TAX: 31/05/08

And I thought id better take some pics whilst I was out there..(Needs a good clean, but with the recent weather and me being busy at work recently I have not had a chance, I assure you normally it is in showroom condition!)

I doubt anyone has a more comprehensive history than this...every nut and bolt is accounted for! :D

*edit....Just realsied, GENUINE TOYOTA CELICA FLOOR MATS....the deal clincher...;)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 05:48:06 pm by aus »
1996 White UK ST205

1998 Silver UK ST202

Offline aus

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2008, 05:21:32 pm »
eerm..bump.. ;D

Its been a while, and after a few months, I now am definite I want to sell the GT4..

No longer want a supra, or s2k..but e46 m3 now takes my fancy, and ive seen a nice one, which requires me to sell the gt4!

pm me, or phone me with an offer I cant refuse..  ::)
1996 White UK ST205

1998 Silver UK ST202

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2008, 07:24:50 pm »
Nice motor! .... so what do you want? £'s wise?
I reckon you are best keeping it for a while. Petrol prices may drop soon?
Stuff the M3. no class :)
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline aus

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2008, 11:36:16 pm »
Thanks..

Every time I drive it it (Normally to my local shell and back on a Sunday!) puts a smile on my face, but I got a sneaky feeling that 340 odd of Germany's finest horses will also put a smile on my face! To be honest, I fancy a change, and something slightly newer.

Regarding the price..All I can say is as much as possible to get me close to the £12-14k required for a half-decent e46 m3!!

I know that I am going to lose many of the thousands (over £10k) I have spent on the gt4, but I still think she is worth a few bob!..

As I mentioned earlier...I have a replacement already in mind, so make me a reasonable offer. I reckon around £7.5k with all the goodies.. :o
1996 White UK ST205

1998 Silver UK ST202

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 117
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online