News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 06, 2024, 05:25:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: carlos sainz in northern ireland ***SOLD***  (Read 4062 times)

Offline tvr0408

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
carlos sainz in northern ireland ***SOLD***
« on: January 07, 2008, 02:47:31 pm »
Company car coming in feb and just can't justify leaving the cs sitting around not getting used so it'll go for the first sensible offer I get.

UK car. 149k miles. Standard except for dump valve and induction kit.  Original alloys and the other set in the pics will come with it. 

Goes very well.  Usual loud bearing noise from charge cooler pump but comes with another pump and a set of bearing for it.  Has had some paint on the rear at some point prior to me owning it which in all honesty isn't a perfect match but isn't noticable unless you are specifically looking for it.  Bodywork is in fairly good nic as is the interior.  Engine has the usual st185 oil drips but starts first time and has no smoke or dodgy noises!

Paul_gt4 has been out in it so hopefully he'll vouch that it is a genuine car.  I don't claim that it is mint but it does everything it is supposed to do without any complaint. 

Almost forgot - looking £2500
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 11:38:37 pm by ChrisW »

Offline tvr0408

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: carlos sainz in northern ireland
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 03:44:52 pm »
And SOLD..........Cars getting picked up by the new owner at weekend.   :'(

Offline Cee

• Treasurer
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 05:32:37 pm »
Crikey that was quick!!
Get someone else to hand the keys over - it'll break your heart to see her driven away  :'( :'(

Offline tvr0408

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2008, 10:48:33 am »
Actually stuck it on pistonheads on friday and started getting calls to see it straight away.  First guy to see it on monday left a deposit and will collect it at the end of the week.

Not sure how I feel about it.  I got the sort of money I wanted alright but I will miss my car!  (I know its only a car etc, but still, it was my cs and we had some fun times together..........)   :'(

Ah well, maybe in a year or so when finances are looking healthier I could afford another one (actually saw a red 96 UK st205 with 90k fsh etc as a trade-in to clear for £2500 last week and having sold the CS I could afford it..... ???)

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2008, 03:38:33 pm »
wow trev that was quick, that only leaves me now this neck of the woods having a CS, what company car are they giving you

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2008, 03:40:56 pm »
and have to say i would have snapped this car up last year other than the colour was not for me, great driving motor the new owner is getting a steal, and its an even better driving car since it has my old rims that came on my sainz haha good luck trev and drop in now and again, or even better buy that faff

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 06:14:29 pm »
Paul!!! I am pleased that tvr sold his and am stilll on line to discuss my two options!! one has to go
What do I keep? both and a divorce or one and get 'SEX' again?
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2008, 03:07:45 am »
whatever your happier with jeff i'm sure i'll support ya other than the sex bit haha

Offline tvr0408

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2008, 09:08:51 am »
Don't know what car I will be getting when I start the new job but it'll be a boring rep mobile of some sort. 

Previous company cars were -
Avensis 1.6 - rubbish (I wrote it off just to get a new car - honest, nothing to do with lack of ability etc)
Vectra 1.8 (boring but much nicer than the Avensis)
Vectra 2.0 (quicker but still not very exciting)
BMW 325 estate automatic (nice noise but ruined by auto box)
BMW 320 (good fun if you turn off all the driver aids and go driving in the snow!)

I'll be gutted when I see the sainz drive away but time for someone else to enjoy it now I suppose.  Hopefully in a year or so if the new job works out as it should then I can get another weekend car. 

Still intend to keep popping in here ever so often though to see whats happening and might need to get a run in your sainz every so often Paul when the cravings kick in!!!

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 87
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 47