News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 02:36:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Blue Flame  (Read 2534 times)

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
Blue Flame
« on: May 03, 2007, 11:12:34 pm »
Well I was quite pleased with their exhaust when i had it fitted many a moon ago. But looking at their latest ebay ads I'm less than impressed at their marketing. "up to 30bhp without other mods". My arse.

Still got my blown-turbo acceleration video at the bottom. Must make them a new one lol.

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Blue Flame
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:35:05 am »
i had a 3in exhaust from their for my s13.. took them ages to fit it but it was worth it.. excellent !!!

Offline Noel

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Cheese Meat
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2007, 09:37:57 am »
nice exhausts but when mine developed a hole in the back box after only a couple of months, they were less than prepared to swap for a new one!

lets say, if i was going to get a new SS zorst, it wouldn't be from Blue Flame!
Noel - Toyota Celica GT4 ST185 Carlos Sainz (225BHP;))

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2007, 09:05:45 pm »
Developed a hole in a stainless box? How? And since they're guaranteed for life....?

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline Noel

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Cheese Meat
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2007, 10:09:28 pm »
well - when Smithy fitted it, one of the holders broke off which meant that the top arm on the back box wasn't connected.
Whilst driving up the M1 one day, the arm flew off :o thus taking a piece of the back box with it producing the hole.
Got on the blower to Smithy and he rang Blue Flame - they asked for me to ring them, which i did. They told me that i would have to drive to Skelmersdale, let them take off the back box then have them determine who's fault it was!! I felt this was unacceptable (lifetime guarantee and all that) and got Smithy to ring them back. It ended by him saying that he would never buy another Blue Flame zorst!

I am happy with the exhaust but their customer service was sh1te

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2007, 05:56:48 pm »
Curious, not sure who that would have come about - all rock solid on mine, matches the standard exhaust fitment perfectly so its not like it pulls oddly on any of the hangers. To take part of the box with it it must have been badly welded on and just opened up a hole. TBH its normal for any manufacturer to want to see the item in question before sending a warranty replacement - after all they dont know some idiot hasnt tried to make it fit with a hammer, or gone about heating it to re-shape it etc. Ive heard tales of people taking top end exhausts to clueless fitters and having them mashed and expecting a refund. BF probably know nothing of Ians reputation.

J

Offline Noel

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Cheese Meat
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2007, 06:03:00 pm »
Fair comments Mr C.Boy!

I have no probs with the Exhaust. it was just Blue Flame being tits about it!

Ian rang first and there wasn't any quibbles - they just needed to speak with me to see when was convenient for me to go over there. Then when I rang up it was all umming and arring! When Ian rang them back, i think he even tried a compromise and asked them to send a back box to him. he would do the work and send the broken box back to them. Then if the warranty was invalid, Smithy could have charged me (or something like that), but alas they didn't want to play ball!

And thats all i have to say about that (in a Forrest Gump styleeee)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 160