News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 08:56:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: the oc site down?  (Read 7604 times)

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: the oc site down?
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2007, 04:53:17 pm »
not sure now if i'm even gonna renew my membership.. after coming on the ec.. big up the ec. excellent site.

Offline mr miyagi

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2007, 08:09:19 pm »
I hope to get on msn tonight and with a bit of luck I will catch some other staff on there and we might find out what the latest state of play is.
Dave have you got an msn address/linky thing so I can have a look. I dont have an msn address but I can use my daughters, If you get a "rich-chick" start talking to you dont get excited it's just me  ;)
JAE Biffa Bin Surfing Champion 2007  &  Member Of The Russ Swift Stunt Driving Team

Offline Barry

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 08:20:36 pm »
Hi there everyone,

1st I would just like to say how great this forum is looking now and love lots of the features it contains and wish you all success with it in the future 8)

Now onto the OC, I have had a very difficult time trying to contact Rob as he has been having trouble with his house move internet connection and has also changed his job within the last few weeks meaning access at work is non-existant also. When I finally caught up with him on sunday I was told that the power supply was stuffed and a new one was ordered and due for delivery on tue/wed. This didnt happen and I have since tried to contact him again today but to no avail.

The server is in his old office and therefore may be hard for him to access right now with work commitments etc but I like all of you am very annoyed that we can do nothing to remedy this situation and I will make provisions for multi access so this never happens again, we knew these few weeks would be hard to manage as a few staff have very busy work/private lives at the mo. I for one am having the move from hell and the forum is sometimes given 2nd place to other stuf that I deem more important at the time, but please be assured I and many others are doing the best we can with the limited info available to us.

I have learnt a big lesson thoughout this and things will be alot different when we go back online.

Sorry again for all those that have suffered during the loss of the forum and I hope we can get back to the normal banter very soon.

Kind regards

Bazza

dt4

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 08:22:12 pm »
dt4@hotmail.co.uk

thats me Simon

Offline Nosher

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • JDM ST205
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 08:23:31 pm »
Thanks for the update Baz ;)

Offline madgaz

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Remember, silence is golden, duct tape is silver.
    • My Site
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 08:28:56 pm »
Bazza,

Thanks for taking your time to post this up and inform people about exactly what is going on.

I wish you all the best in getting this sorted. I'm sure you're pulling your hair out over it as are many others.

Thanks for the compliments too. All credit goes to Robbie for the site/forum as he has put A LOT of effort into it and its development 8)

Gaz.

Seriously wanting another GT4 NOW god dam it!!!

Offline salvageman16

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 09:29:59 pm »
right guys i'm not bias towards any club, ive got friends on both clubs. Both clubs are good to go on for different reasons and the oc is where i originally met everyone a couple of years back.BUT

The oc needs to come upto modern times and get a lot quicker and more upto date . If not it'll be left behind . The ec is taking a giant leap forward and it shows.well done everyone in the ec.

guys in the oc,  come on lets now get professional.

I call mine carlsberg, Probably the best cs in the world.

dt4

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 10:02:16 pm »
Darren, like I said, not here please.

Offline salvageman16

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2007, 10:20:19 pm »
No bother mate . i'm looking forward to the jae and to meet everyone off both clubs . Also to show of my cs at long last.  :) roll on the summer.
I call mine carlsberg, Probably the best cs in the world.

dt4

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2007, 10:46:02 pm »
JAE was brill last year, drunken chats till the early hours over on the EC after a BBQ on the OC.
Just how it should be

Offline karengt4

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2007, 11:38:35 pm »
Assumably they have a maintenance contract with someone who provided the server, so why haven't heads been rolling.

My line of business is providing IBM servers to the NHS, and if we had a site down for this long, the *BLEEP* would hit the fan in an unbelievably bad way.  I think it's pretty pi$$ poor to be honest, from a support view of the situation.  And if there is a contract in place, i'd be seriously considering taking the matter further, and getting some compensation for it.  No PSU shopuld take a week to arrive.  You could fetch it from the supplier, and physically walk to the server in that time.

What type of servers are they using, do we know ???  if it's any of the main favourites, such as IBM, Compaq, Dell, etc, then they should have replaced it a long while ago.
The OC actually own their server and Rob has control of it - so basically Rob has total control of the OC :-\ :-\ .............. if Rob is not around when things go wrong then the OC goes Tits up (as it has at the moment )  ::) ::)

Nice site EC by the way  ;) ;) ;)

Offline nathanl

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2007, 08:30:31 am »
Thanks for commenting Baz, It's appreciated by me and others I'm sure.

Nathan
1994 JDM ST205 WRC.
Blitz SBC-iD, Power Meter, Pipercross Ind Kit (the only one) Decat, 3" XS Power SS System, 17" OZ Chrono's.

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2007, 04:18:53 pm »
Yes.
Thanks to Bazz for update.
I find I am splitting time between the two sites and POB's google thingy site is holding its own. I never got into DC but EC and OC have each their own styles and I'll bet most mebers of both log in to each other.
No wars only progress together please.
A 4 is a 4 is a 4 is a 4 is a 4 etc. :)
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline Barry

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2007, 05:56:37 pm »
 :-[Well I dont have any further news Im afraid....I have once again tried to contact Rob but no reply recieved I will be trying Kirstie later this evening and hope to have an update then.

Thanks to the EC for keeping this thread alive and enabling me and other staff to update.

I hope to be in touch with better news soon in the mean time im going to enjoy this place :D

Regards

dt4

« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2007, 10:15:03 pm »
I have spoken to Rob tonight and the position is that he has a replacement PSU but the server is not at his new place of work. Due to his new job abd moving house he has not been able to get to the server to fit the PSU. He expects to be able to get to it either over the weekend or Monday.
I will keep my fingers crossed.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0