News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 08:55:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: the oc site down?  (Read 7604 times)

Offline garetgax

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
the oc site down?
« on: May 03, 2007, 01:40:06 pm »
I know its a little politically incorrect to ask but anyone else having probs with the oc site? The server bust or is it down deliberatly again? ::) was awaiting some parts enquiries so its a bit frustrating ???

cheers

graham.

Offline madgaz

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Remember, silence is golden, duct tape is silver.
    • My Site
Re: the oc site down?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2007, 01:41:44 pm »
It has been down since last Tuesday unfortunately.

I understand that Rob is on the case and it should be back up and running soon.

Seriously wanting another GT4 NOW god dam it!!!

Offline madgaz

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • My Site
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2007, 01:42:57 pm »
Look HERE

Offline garetgax

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 01:51:16 pm »
i do and have on occasion ;D. the new forum is looking good by the way. ;D. ~on a seperate note if anyone knows of a decent cash in hand sprayer thats in the notts/derb or within an hour or so of notts can they pm me as looking to sort the 4's paintwork out ready for JAE ;D

Offline madgaz

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • My Site
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 01:53:24 pm »
Click where it says 'HERE' up there^^^
It'll take you to another post ;)

As for a decent sprayer...depends how much you want you want to spend really.

I know a GREAT place in Bradford called GA Spence. Not the cheapest but very very good 8)

It's only an hour and a bit from Nottingham ;)

Offline garetgax

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 02:04:14 pm »
"As for a decent sprayer...depends how much you want you want to spend really.".............as little as possible  ;). in honesty depends really initially I want to get rid of the oxidisation and get it relaquered. but would consider a coat of red over the top first or if it was less than a grand a full spray pref in a nice colour but in reality just want the car looking like she did when she was new rather than a lighter shade of pink ::). An hour up the road aint a prob

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 02:29:59 pm »
Smithy's in Nottingham, might be worth trying him at Toyauto Centre - 01159787844 or http://www.toyautocentre.co.uk and he may know a local guy.

Cheers

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline Drfish

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 02:46:11 pm »
There a place in Huthwaite (near Suttin-in-Ashfield) called P&L Bodyworks (or soemthing similar)

Very good sprayers, insurance approved, but will do cash in hand jobs as well if you speak nicely to them.

Sutton Road 
Huthwaite, 
Sutton In Ashfield, 
Nottinghamshire,
NG17 2NQ
Silver JDM ST205, GReddy EBC @ 1.1bar, Blitz panel filter, NGK Iridiums, and knackered fig 8's that will one day be changed for the ones I bought 6 months ago.

Future plans: New ECU, W.I., TT Hybrid, FMIC, and a better job to fund it all...

Offline tvr0408

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 03:44:29 pm »
 :(  Just to return to the point about the OC being down, I had an email just before it went down saying I had a new private message but now I can't find out who it was or what it was about.  (It got me all excited to......I don't get many PMs.....it might have been important......probably be a disappointment when the sites back up and I find out it was sent to the wrong person or something....)

dt4

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 03:45:05 pm »
Yo dude, dt4 Northern area rep from the OC here.

In keeping with my position of responsibility my official line is we are awaiting a new psu for the server.

My personal view is that its extremely dissappointing to say the least that it has been going on for over a week, that we have been saying the same thing since Monday and that we have not had any news on progress.

If I knew it was a case of getting part X to place Y I would have got in my car picked it up and delivered it, no *BLEEP*ing problem. Maybe I dont know the full ins and outs which is a problem in its self.

Offline jordan11

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 03:51:43 pm »
DT4, do you get any updates from them at all?

I just think its crazy its been shut down for over a week & unless you gave anyone the snippets of info you have given nobody would know anything!!!

There has to be more than meets the eye with this one I think  :o

dt4

« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 04:16:57 pm »
Id sooner not speculate and this must not turn into a OC slating post as both me and the EC admin would dissappointed by that but as far as I know the psu was supposed to arrive Monday but didnt, it was then expected Tuesday. Beyond that, I dont know maybe it hasnt solved the problem.

I hope to get on msn tonight and with a bit of luck I will catch some other staff on there and we might find out what the latest state of play is.

Offline Drfish

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 04:26:37 pm »
Assumably they have a maintenance contract with someone who provided the server, so why haven't heads been rolling.

My line of business is providing IBM servers to the NHS, and if we had a site down for this long, the *BLEEP* would hit the fan in an unbelievably bad way.  I think it's pretty pi$$ poor to be honest, from a support view of the situation.  And if there is a contract in place, i'd be seriously considering taking the matter further, and getting some compensation for it.  No PSU shopuld take a week to arrive.  You could fetch it from the supplier, and physically walk to the server in that time.

What type of servers are they using, do we know ???  if it's any of the main favourites, such as IBM, Compaq, Dell, etc, then they should have replaced it a long while ago.
Silver JDM ST205, GReddy EBC @ 1.1bar, Blitz panel filter, NGK Iridiums, and knackered fig 8's that will one day be changed for the ones I bought 6 months ago.

Future plans: New ECU, W.I., TT Hybrid, FMIC, and a better job to fund it all...

Offline jordan11

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 04:30:34 pm »
Id sooner not speculate and this must not turn into a OC slating post as both me and the EC admin would dissappointed by that but as far as I know the psu was supposed to arrive Monday but didnt, it was then expected Tuesday. Beyond that, I dont know maybe it hasnt solved the problem.

I hope to get on msn tonight and with a bit of luck I will catch some other staff on there and we might find out what the latest state of play is.

I accept that and I wasnt trying to turn it into a slating post, I has hesitant about posting to be honest as I accept the EC shouldnt be used to slate the OC or anyone else.

But you are a man of good contact in the OC so thats why I asked the question?

;) ;D

Offline nathanl

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2007, 04:47:12 pm »
Unfortunately I honestly think this will have an adverse effect on OC member numbers  :'( but a positive effect on EC & DC member numbers  ;D especially with it being the beginning of the show season and there are group buys etc. going on/coming to an end and people wont know what's happening.

I'm not an IT bod but can it be that hard to put a message up saying something like "sorry about the problems, the site will be back up ASAP"?

Nathan

1994 JDM ST205 WRC.
Blitz SBC-iD, Power Meter, Pipercross Ind Kit (the only one) Decat, 3" XS Power SS System, 17" OZ Chrono's.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 128