News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 10:34:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Full 205 chargecooler setup for sale - fits straight on 185  (Read 2242 times)

Offline johndgt4

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Full 205 chargecooler setup for sale - fits straight on 185
« on: November 17, 2007, 11:25:43 am »
Hi all,

I'm gauging interest in my chargecooler setup if anyone is interested. It would probably be about 1/2 weeks before I can take it all off to send whilst I sort my replacement intercooler/piping out.

BTW this fitted just fine under the A/A bonnet! It's probably better to use the CS bumper/bonnet for improved airflow but it seemed just fine. I've also removed the aircon but I can't see why you couldn't fit the cinq rad in there with a bit of jiggery pokery. I then used the aircon fan to run constant on the prerad.

It's:-

Modified 205 Chargecooler - Black top with TTE logo (it's NOT a TTE chargecooler by the way!!), 3mm alu plate tig welded to the bottom to create a 5mm air gap to prevent heat transfer...much in the same way as a thermos flask works but in this instance to keep heat out rather than in! Well lagged I.E 4 layers of 400GSM woven fibreglass mat then taped over with alu foil as we all know just foil is a waste of time (or do we all??). The chargecooler has not had the turbo outlet pipe angled and re-welded. I can't see what all the fuss is about this. It just sits at a slight angle and I made a couple of brackets to connect the chargecooler mounts to the normal on engine mounts....jobs a goodun!

TRD chargecooler cap. Not really necessary as the system isn't under pressure but hey it looks better!!

Bosch 12V chargecooler pump, connector and relay. Ill do you some wiring instructions, for "on with ignition" and might even have a spare switch if you want it switchable.

Cinquecento Sporting (an MR2OC tip) pre-rad. About 4 months old. With a new cinq rad switch fitted to bung the hole.

2 Red Viper Performance silicone hose adapters for the rad to pipework junction

205 throttle body rubber with enlarged holes to allow fitting to 185 throttle bodies.

Approx 6/7m of 1" (adds system capacity) PVC hose. Mix of Clear (to enable you to visually check flow) and Black
tubing. I lagged my engine bay hose with a wrap of 2" fibreglass tape and then alu foil tape. Seemed to work very well so Ill bung in a few metres of fibreglass tape should you wish to do the same.

5 or 6 (might be more) copper 90 degree bends.

A bag of jubilee clips to do it all up.

No accelerator clip....can't actually see why you need it on a 185, I didn't.

Samco CC to turbo and DV tubing.

Ill fling in some alu strip aswell so you can make the relevant brackets.

Over the summer max post CC temps I was seeing were approx 30-35 degrees and in the current cool weather about 20. This has only been at 1 bar boost though.

Ill endeavour to get some pics up at the weekend.

Looking for £280 as there is everything you'll need and more. Will take an 8" Spal fan or similar in part-ex if you have
one.

Postage will probably be about £20 or can be collected/delivered to Sheffield/Chesterfield/Derby/nearby areas.

Cheers

John

Offline johndgt4

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Full 205 chargecooler setup for sale - fits straight on 185
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2007, 07:44:50 pm »

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306