News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 07:20:53 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: new to the club  (Read 6588 times)

Offline Berny

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
new to the club
« on: January 11, 2011, 07:45:53 pm »
thought I'd introduce my self. I'm Berny been a member on GT4OC for a while and just got told by a friend about this site.

A dirve a Black St205 import, and i went to this from a 8v calibra, so needless to say it made a good damm impression haha

Unfortunatly i joined site under bad circumstances. cause of the new insurance thingys. my insurance is now a *BLEEP* take, last year it was 1290 fully comp, quite high but I was 22 with 3 points and I live in middlesbrough, whch aprently is a high risk area......... But this year being older, and not having to declare my points anymore fully comp is 1670  ??? and 3rd part is 1300!!!. I simply cant pay that believe it or not I can insure a Impreza wrx STi V5 type RA cheaper than a gt-four. not saying its a better car but it's faster and no doubt parts are more expensive so why is that cheaper!! ................ and ya get a 15% discount on gt4OC! i'm propper gutted but am probally going to end up getting rid of the car ( and when i win the lotto i'll buy another one ).

so if anyone is interested in buying a ST205 PM me

Not just a advert I genuinely love these car's which is why i joined

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: new to the club
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:23:26 pm »
Wttc buddy..  my gt4 is cheaper to insure than my bloody mondeo.!  Its a mad world.!!   00)

Offline 96ST205

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 10:45:16 pm »
so you got on the berny, i can vouch for his love for the faffs, but as we call all probs appreciate in this current climate, needs must, and £1600/£1300 for insurance does take the *BLEEP*, the other option berny, is to move down here, i pay £600 fully comp all mods declared with 3 points and im 23  :)

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 11:34:29 am »
Hi Berny,
Who are you insured with? We have a number of insurers who offer discount to members.

Cheers

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline Berny

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2011, 10:29:32 pm »
I was with Admiral, but I am not going to re-new with them bunch of jokers. I've tried all over too Sky, Flux all the price compare sites and am getting no joy.

saying that though a lad on JapNorthEast give me a phone number tonight aparently he got a CRX insured for 194 quid on there on a limited milege and 2nd car policy or something another. so hopefully I could get a good deal too...under a grand would do.

Cheer's for the welcomes too  :)

Offline Chris_de_Bear

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 01:42:29 pm »
My 4 costs about the same to insure as my pug206 diesel. Think it was about £600 fully comp last renewal (aviva - been with them 20 years)

If you only do low milage, richard egger do a competition car insurance. Requires you to be a member of an MSA club (normally below £20/year). In 2009 it cost me £280 I think for 5000 mile limit third party only, any mods I like, no need to declare them.

Offline Hairygt4

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 03:42:20 pm »
I'm with Admiral, 3 points for speeding before I got the GT4, full NCB, despite twatting a badger a couple of years ago and needing a new nose, and pay just over £400 on a limited mileage (3000pa). It's not all bad being 50yo!  Stick with the GT4, Scoobs are so common. You can drive 500 miles and not see another GT4, can't get to the end of the street before seeing a Scooby.

Have a search through Confused or Compare the Meerkat, even at your age there should be better deals.

Offline AMDetails

• AMDetails - Detailing Solutions
  • Trader
  • I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • AMDetails - Car Care Products & Detailing Services
    • AMDetails - Detailing Solutions
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 01:54:44 pm »
Welcome Along to the club buddy!

Alan
AMDetails - Detailing Solutions[/size]