News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 08, 2024, 05:14:35 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: hi all new boy ere  (Read 7045 times)

Offline freebie

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
hi all new boy ere
« on: December 02, 2009, 11:27:49 am »
Hi every1 Im from Ireland and jus 3 months or so ago got my wicked celica ST185 and have loved every min of it have to say the how to section is wicked as Im gone be tryen to fit a boost guage when it arrives off order,Im also getting sum crackling noise in my speakers in both doors Im gonna replace them jus need to know what size to get,and now with the cold mornings Iv got a bit of condinsation in the drivers side back lite and I aint got a clue how to take them off + would any of youes know what size the fog lights were in the carlos sains bumper,I have the bumper from fensport and the mesh from my local toyota dealership I have found out that they were originaly dealer fitted and were from the supra and there discontuned so Im just trying to get the same size ones to try keep it as original as possible  :Dsorry for rambling on a bit there any help or info would be greatifully appreciared and really help me out.....Thanx every1...freebie... :) ;)

Offline calam

• Matt
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: hi all new boy ere
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 01:56:59 pm »
welcome to the club, nice choice in Four  8)
With regards to the rear light clusters, you have to remove the orange vent (carefully) and there are 1 maybe 2 screws behind that. Also on top of the cluster there should be a plug to cover another screw on the top.
They are then held on by some clips so a good tug and it should come off fine.

Make sure you get some pics posted up  ;)

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 05:46:08 pm »
Hehey! Welcome!

Yup, rear lights require removal of the orange panel (a butter knife does this well) - try to pry the orange venty bit up from the rearward side, just check there's no screws holding it in first (I can't remember off hand), then directly behind that are 2 more screws, and when you open the boot there are screws holding them from above hidden behind little plastic flaps. Once all the screws are out they practically fall out. You can't take the plastic front off easily but you can open all the lamps up and dry them out easily enough.

I'm not sure what you're saying about your fogs - do you not have the fogs at all? Have you bought a CS bumper and need ones to fit?

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2009, 05:58:50 pm »
wttc mate.. 185's rock.!!!  get some pictures up.!!

Offline Frikkin Evil

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 09:19:24 pm »
Welcome to the best GT-Four club in the world. Probably.

Offline flyingtele

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2009, 12:51:24 pm »
Welcome to the club buddy, glad to hear you are happy with your new motor. If you have any questions, have a read through the forum, or post up any questions you have in the relevant categories. There is a great deal of knowledge in the club, and everyone is willing to help. Also, if you could post up some pics of your car, that would be great. Enjoy your stay ;)

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 01:38:11 pm »
Photos definitely, and maybe a listing of mods/future mods?

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 10:54:43 pm »
Hi there mate, welcome to the most enthusiastic GT4 club in the world, in my opinion ;)

Good choice with the 185, but maybe I'm biased, lol. As stated, there's loads of info and always someone able to help with queries.

Cheers

PS Deffo need pics :)

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline freebie

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 10:05:07 pm »
thanks for all the help guys,has any1 changed the speakers in the doors and do any1 know of any that would fit straight into where the old speakers came out off, just looking for a straight swap wit as little modding as possible.. thanks every1  :) ;)

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2010, 10:44:14 pm »
thanks for all the help guys,has any1 changed the speakers in the doors and do any1 know of any that would fit straight into where the old speakers came out off, just looking for a straight swap wit as little modding as possible.. thanks every1  :) ;)

Welcome to the club,

I have not changed my speakers, but my front speakers have been changed before I got my 185. Standard size is 8", but they are a slim fit, and good luck trying to find any. Most people have fit in adaptor rings and 6.5" speakers..... Then the ICE install begins (I know mine will when I have a free weekend from work  :D )

Where abouts in Ireland are you ?
There is never enough free time for anything fun.

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2010, 09:07:39 am »
i believe pioneer Ts range may fit the doors with a fiddle.???   ;)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 92
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 54