News: Who's up for JAE 2014? 2013 was awesome!! Join up now!

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 05:01:49 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: How's it goin?  (Read 7523 times)

Offline nol

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
How's it goin?
« on: August 02, 2009, 12:59:14 am »
So, I live in Canada where the 205 was never sold here, but after 15 years import tax is neutralized. If you do your math that means the 94's became duty free last January. I got my paws on one of the few to have arrived to the the area. It's from japan and has 127k on it.

Great car, but nobody here can help me with it. Hook ups on where to get parts/manuals would be helpful if you got em.

I haven't done anything to it except change out the oil as I've only had it fully registered and road legal for about 48h. It's mostly stock except for the turbo timer, momo steering wheel, rear speakers and shiny deck. Also it has those lovely white O.Z. rims (can't tell from the picture, but they have some curb rash. I'm going to get them re-spun back to their full luster.) and a foam air filter.

Mostly cosmetic stuff, but the Turbo Timer is somewhat useful. I have a friend with a 185 who's been helping me out, we tried to find an oil filter at the local shops and failed miserably. Trials of having a car not sold on your continent.

Look forward to representing the 205's over here' and look forward to farming your brains for knowledge.

Any other owners in eastern Ontario, Canada?
Anyone from Ottawa?

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
Re: How's it goin?
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2009, 07:26:41 am »
WTTC nol.
When the other guys wake up I'm sure they will be able to provide links and contacts.
Looka a nice motor. The wheels do set it off. Do you know if it is WRC? Under bonnet (hood) pictures would be good :)
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2009, 08:22:55 am »
Welcome to the club mate  8)
Very nice white faff you've got there. Theres a topic in the "Help wanted" section mite be of some use to you http://www.gt4ec.net/forum/help-wanted/gt4-parts-websites/

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline Driveby

• Stance Monkey
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
  • Fo'Rider
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2009, 08:47:32 am »
Hi mate, welcome to the club  8)
Great choice of model and colour, as for parts, youll be mostly shopping in Japan at places like http://www.greenline.jp/   
http://www.rhdjapan.com/products-category-low/TOYOTA/ST165-185-205-Celica
http://www.nengun.com/

Ive personally bought from all of these companies and have had great service from all of them.
Good luck with the faff, I hope it brings you as much fun as mine has brought me  ;D

Offline nol

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2009, 04:34:27 pm »
Thanks guys! Here are some more shots.

They guy who had it before me wasn't exactly a rocket scientist, you see that wire running over the engine? It's for the audio and is steadily melting. I'm going to re-locate it to travel around the engine, you know, like normal people do it.

It's not the wrc, the chances of getting one over here are practically nill.

Also the foam filter I mentioned earlier is actually an HKS intake.

Offline fifegt4

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 06:40:43 pm »
The pic of the engine makes it look like it might be a WRC as the canister (something to do with anit lag I think not sure though)coming out of the charge cooler would be on a WRC but I could be wrong.

Car up for sale see, Cars for sale forum.

Offline flyingtele

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2009, 07:18:41 pm »
WTTC mate, nice looking car you got there :) If you have any questions or need any help then then post away, the people here are more than willing to help fellow 'four owners

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2009, 08:06:24 pm »
Ummmm... That IS a WRC :).
The anti lag canister proves it!
Lumpy heatshield too.
Bet it has a rear bonnet spoiler?
Forgot to say that you should check out the spray bar behind the bumper too.
Looks like you got a rare one :)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 08:09:19 pm by Jeff »
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline nol

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2009, 05:54:40 am »
I was all excited and ran to check, and ran to go look for a spray bar. I saw none. Got semi disappointed and looked up spray bars and found I was looking in the wrong spot. I RAN back out to have my mind EXPLODED upon seeing the little spray bar nozzle sticking out.
Holy *BLEEP*, it's a WRC.
1 of 2500?
Thanks guys, I need to chainge my pants.

How much should this thing be worth? I'm curious to compare what I paid for it.

What are the odds?

Offline Driveby

• Stance Monkey
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
  • Fo'Rider
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2009, 07:22:37 am »
Yep shes deffo a WRC mate  8)
Prices in the UK arent very high at the moment and theres isnt a great difference if any at times between WRC and standard St205's, though there are a lot of people breaking cars for parts so the prices will go up in the future.

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2009, 07:25:35 am »
Hey man... slow down... :)
The lads actually don't rate the WRC as it carries more weight and the aditional bits are non functional.
I suppose you could activate the spray bar at some stage but NOT the antilag or your turbo would expire in a matter of hours!!!.
Beware of many brass pipes under the heatshield meaning the part is unique to the WRC. There are many comments about the difference/dissadvantages scattered about the site (and other sites) You could spend hours searching :)

Offline Frikkin Evil

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2009, 12:14:28 pm »
Welcome mate. Nice to have another overseas enthusiast on the forum! Congrats on it being a surprise WRC!  8)

Offline nol

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2009, 03:11:29 pm »
Well in any event, I got a great deal. 7,500$ Canadian. When you factor that around 3,000 of that is for shipping, then it's kind of like 4,500$ CAN, or about 2,200$UK. I figured since it's only 15 years old the 'rareness' bonus isn't in full effect, but I'm used to dealing with 60's-70's cars where rareness is like a pre-approved blank check. Another 15-25 years. I checked back to the import shop's website and found the other one they had there is also a WRC. They must have been lucky to get them, but they have no idea it's not a regular 205.

I'll have too look into spray bar and water injection goodies, and keep my eye on e-bay for a cheep CT-26 to destroy with anti lag (and drop my auto-cross times a bit!).

I'll at least have to go buy some lottery tickets while my luck lasts.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 166
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 107