News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 09, 2024, 08:53:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: 165s all done now and home so happy  (Read 20087 times)

Offline jackel

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: 165s all done now and home so happy
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2009, 10:01:26 pm »
I said it many many times before and I'll say it again now. 165s are the business, all other GT4s are simply parts cars. ;)
yep tis weird how the tides turned :) :) :)

faff needed for parts for my 165 anyone got 1
Karl Mountney

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • I see you baby, shaking that ..................
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 09:29:39 am »
Paul has one  ;D ;D
Gaffer tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship"  more than wrinkles in the gaffer tape.....

Offline calam

• Matt
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 10:22:38 am »
what ever happened to Ians white 165?
Always been a fan of white Jap cars. Would swap my black one for a white one if i could

Offline jackel

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 05:27:36 pm »
Always been a fan of white Jap cars. Would swap my black one for a white one if i could
its ad-p s of the oc got some serious mods being done at the mo.
think its the biggest headache ians had to do but it will get there :)
Karl Mountney

Offline Jingo11

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 12:17:44 pm »
Looking good... is it making a show at JAE so mine isn't too lonely on the 165 front ( but of course mine is proper in WHITE :) )?
I too was thinking of changing to a 2-5 lump but have decided to keep original to a degree ( am going to change to UK ECU, AFM, Loom etc as JDM throws up a few problems
Only has breathing mods really plus a 205 box but did make just under 240 bhp 6 months ago on stock boost

but yours is looking very nice indeed with good mods to come :)

Jingo

Offline calam

• Matt
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 01:44:24 pm »
Looking good... is it making a show at JAE so mine isn't too lonely on the 165 front ( but of course mine is proper in WHITE :) )?
I too was thinking of changing to a 2-5 lump but have decided to keep original to a degree ( am going to change to UK ECU, AFM, Loom etc as JDM throws up a few problems
Only has breathing mods really plus a 205 box but did make just under 240 bhp 6 months ago on stock boost

but yours is looking very nice indeed with good mods to come :)

Jingo

Sounds like yours in running well as it is. Good power on stock boost, especially for a 165  :P
What problems have you encountered with the Jap parts? Just curious as mine is still fueled for japan and not sure whether this might be the cause of the problems im experiencing. I thought mine was a sensor or something, but might just be the crap tesco (supposedly 99ron) fuel im been using since they shut the local Shell garage  >:(

Offline ad_p

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 01:54:21 pm »

He loves it really! ;)

It's back on the ramp this week, so hopefully we are on the home straight with the rebuild now.

Offline jackel

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 02:01:53 pm »

He loves it really! ;)

It's back on the ramp this week, so hopefully we are on the home straight with the rebuild now.
fingers crossed dude keep eyeing bits up lol
she is a sweet example though ad think you need to change them brakes though dude
and i,ll have the old 1s :D :D :D :) ;)
Karl Mountney

Offline bazza2541

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • All hail the mighty shed!
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 02:21:26 pm »
Apparently you can fit Corvette brakes with very little modifiying. And still be able to fit 15inch wheels.

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 02:34:16 pm »
240bhp on a stock 165? wow, they only run about 190bhp standard so you must have a monday morning lump...lol

When I had the 165 still in my JDM it always ran fine, even on standard unleaded. I never had any running probs and drove round in it for about a year like that. If you re-set the ECU it should sort itself out. If you are still getting running probs I'd look elsewhere for a solution mate, dodgy AFM? Bad connection? I've seen so many running probs sorted in the past just by checking the wiring and connection of the AFM....

Long live the 165  ;)

1988 - TTE Rally replica ST165 (For sale)
2008 - Yamaha R1 (For fun)

Offline ad_p

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 05:52:09 pm »

He loves it really! ;)

she is a sweet example though ad think you need to change them brakes though dude

I don't think I need better ones - I managed to lock the wheels at about 80mph on the AP's! Plus that was at MIRA on their ultra grippy tarmac surface - which is why there is a small dent in the front wing and a crack in the fiberglass sill - locking the wheels caused a small car / cone interaction :)
That incident did make me practice my brake control in a non ABS car, so worked out for the best in the end I guess.

Offline Jingo11

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2009, 05:53:04 pm »
240bhp on a stock 165? wow, they only run about 190bhp standard so you must have a monday morning lump...lol

When I had the 165 still in my JDM it always ran fine, even on standard unleaded. I never had any running probs and drove round in it for about a year like that. If you re-set the ECU it should sort itself out. If you are still getting running probs I'd look elsewhere for a solution mate, dodgy AFM? Bad connection? I've seen so many running probs sorted in the past just by checking the wiring and connection of the AFM....

Long live the 165  ;)

My boost setup is different and is the one with a boost light on the dash instead of a gauge, it also has no turbo pressure sensor or PIM wire to the ecu as its regulated via the afm so is different from the UK afm ( hence trouble to source if goes wrong ) ECU is also pinned differently than later JDM ecu's and all UK ecu's...

All this leads to the fact that raising boost is a problem as want it at 1 bar with supporting mods
Getting info on the pinnouts and wiring has been a problem though know most of it now... well sort of lol,
 so ease of things and looking a spares for the future especially if the AFM goes down takes me down the UK wiring route and changing the different items

Offline Wiggy

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 5
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2009, 07:47:36 pm »
Hiya mate, yeah mine has the boost light and not the gauge. I can't remember about the other things you mention, its a few years now since I had the 165 lump in there.
Hope you sort it though fella  ;) I have a load of jdm manuals if you need them, but I'm sure you probably already have them anyway ;)

1988 - TTE Rally replica ST165 (For sale)
2008 - Yamaha R1 (For fun)

Offline jackel

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2009, 08:39:42 pm »

He loves it really! ;)

I don't think I need better ones - I managed to lock the wheels at about 80mph on the AP's! Plus that was at MIRA on their ultra grippy tarmac surface - which is why there is a small dent in the front wing and a crack in the fiberglass sill - locking the wheels caused a small car / cone interaction :)
That incident did make me practice my brake control in a non ABS car, so worked out for the best in the end I guess.

lol ad it was sarcasm your brakes are sound dude and i would love them :)
Karl Mountney

Offline Jingo11

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2009, 11:31:25 am »
Hiya mate, yeah mine has the boost light and not the gauge. I can't remember about the other things you mention, its a few years now since I had the 165 lump in there.
Hope you sort it though fella  ;) I have a load of jdm manuals if you need them, but I'm sure you probably already have them anyway ;)

Cheers Wiggy... actually i have very little in the way of info on the JDM 165 ( if any of your manuals have the ECU pinouts would be handy to look at especially on the little green light configuration ecu lol )
Mine at the moment is having a few starting from cold issues at the moment, taking longer to fire up and having to coax it a bit with throttle for first couple of minutes as seems to be missing,,, then its fine
Other than that i have to do passenger wing repair due to rusting a bit on there adn a few other little odds and sods
But is still the best Four for drivability and even looks in my opinion

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 163
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0