News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 08, 2024, 05:24:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: better gt4  (Read 6070 times)

Offline freeliner1

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
  • the beast...
better gt4
« on: April 11, 2009, 08:58:20 pm »
just brought this 1990 jdm widebody gt4 nice and cheap it is in very good condition with plenty of toys inside to get to grips with only problem with bottom end making a noise when u go over 3000rpm but this is all thats wrong with this car  so any one know of anyone who fixes bottom ends cheaply pls pm me ::) :P
live life in the fast lane...live celica..........

Offline jackel

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: better gt4
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 09:30:43 pm »
mate if you go cheap you might be lucky but ive seen so many people get stung down the cheap route with these cars.
  get it done properly and then all sorted ;)
Karl Mountney

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 12:42:03 am »
just hope it isn't the big ends going as you'll be into a nice bill repairing it, then you'd wish you'd bought the more expensive option.

Offline freeliner1

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
  • the beast...
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 04:39:50 pm »
how much we talking paul he said car drives like a dream only rattles when revs at 3000rpm  but he said car in a1 condition  so it looks like a bottom end rebuild... :-[

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 12:34:29 am »
my 1st gt4 ATA done this and i bought a new engine and dropped it in, big ends depending on how badly damaged they are could run into a decent or a hefty bill there is no cheap option as labour is where your going to get hit badly.

They will damage the crank badly leading to rod, piston and block failure. You may get off light depending how long its gone on for, the main reason for big ends going is poor maintainance or oil starvation. So give that car a good going over before spending big money on it as if some neglected something in one place they generally didn't care about the whole car. Hope its not that bad but thats the worst case scenario.

Offline freeliner1

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
  • the beast...
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:31:52 am »
hi paul thx for that im going to fetch the car on wednsday  but from whot ive found out the car it self is in pristine condition inside and out and being an import it should be solid to go with it has its not been in the country long but ive been told im looking  at 550/600 for a bottom end rebuild but saying that you might be right  to drop in a new lump but buying a replacment lump your still not guarranted the condition of that engine  so whot to do i d/know yet need to get the car back here and have a good look at it first  and go from there i think but thx for info m8 might end up with a recon lump afterhall  or which ever will be cheapest option... :'(

Offline bronzie

• I'm New Here
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 07:40:54 pm »
Few trustworthy places to get your problem solved. Put up your location and someone will point you in the direction of the good guys.  Plenty of crap builders out there!!!!!

Offline freeliner1

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
  • the beast...
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 08:46:43 pm »
thx bronzie im in walsall west midlands if any one knows reputable engine builders not to expensive thou thx guys for all info ;)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 62
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 39