News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 01:02:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Parts by Carrier - A Warning  (Read 4507 times)

Offline Hairygt4

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Parts by Carrier - A Warning
« on: January 02, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »
If you buy parts on line, I'd recommend that you DO NOT USE Citylink - they have now taken in excess of 14 days to deliver essential parts for MoT'ing the GT4, costing me the expense of a retest and crapping all over my Christmas. Normally I wouldn't bother posting anything defamatory but have made exception in this case due to the company's complete failure to provide an adequate apology or compensate me for their culpable failure to provide the 24 hour service they advertise. They tried to blame the sender and said I should claim against him!  The parts were very good value and the sender arranged collection very promptly. They also  blamed the weather and Christmas - ironic as I had the Four out every day till the MoT ran out, and surely they realised Christmas was coming!

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Parts by Carrier - A Warning
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 03:49:28 pm »
speak to a guy called David Henshaw.. tell him " Pull your finger out you ilkeston bum boy.!"   

Offline Chris_de_Bear

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 06:17:18 pm »
Citylink are the most useless, incompetant bunch of *BLEEP*tards I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. They take stupidity to a whole new level which is beyond the comprehension of anyone with an IQ greater then 20.

I would say avoid like the plague, but I think plague would be preferable.

Funny, but I regularly see similar posts about citylink on other forums so it seems to be countrywide.

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:45:43 pm »
i'll let the brotherin law know.. i pretty sure he's some kind of manager their @ head office.

Offline Chris_de_Bear

• GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 1
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 10:59:36 pm »
Usual problem is 'missed delivery card' through the door about 6 or 7 in the morning, then they want extra cash to re-deliver during working hours. You then go down to depot, and I've yet to wait less than 1/2 hour to actually get my hands on the parcel.
On 1 occasion, Received a note through the door. Rang to arrange to collect and was told to go after 4 so the driver was back. Arrived at 4-30 and after 1/2 hour wait was told it had been sent back to supplier earlier that day as I hadn't collected.

Never had problems of this magnitude with any other carrier. Almost every time someone has sent to me with citylink I've had problems.

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2011, 09:00:38 pm »
Been loads of issues with all carriers lately - took 8 days to get a christmas card posted first class. A friend waited a week for a next day delivery from DPD, telling him it was due to severe weather round his local office. He pointed out he was sat outside their depot on a motorbike, to no avail.

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2011, 01:37:29 pm »
Most carriers will cock it up at one time or another, but you would at least expect an adequate explanation rather than buck-passing.
Royal Mail have managed to take 3 weeks for a parcel we've been waiting for, and still no sign. Spoke to a guy I know at the depot and lo and behold, if a parcel is returned there it sits in a pile, then more arrive, burying the earleir returns, and so it continues until they clear the 'recent' backlog and find your item!?!?!? First in, last out....sucks....

I sent an item recorded delivery at the beginning of October, the recipient wasn't at home and didn't go to collect it(another story), Royal Mail have now managed to lose it completely dispite an online enquiry/complaint. Their response....Ooops, sorry!

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline Hairygt4

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2011, 08:46:18 pm »
They finally arrived, genuine Toyota parts - £188 for the OS lower front arm, or £349 from our local agent! £56 for the fig 8. Bargain. However almost three weeks in transit, CityLink are getting a formal complaint for sure. The roar of the GT4 will be heard again soon.

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 10:43:17 am »
Good to hear the bits finally arrived 8)

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline Driveby

• Stance Monkey
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
  • Fo'Rider
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 01:51:31 pm »
I have to say, whenever I get a card through the door from a missed delivery and its from City Link, my heart sinks.

Offline Hairygt4

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 09:41:23 pm »
It's now taxed and tested and driving really nice.   Letter of complaint on its way to CityLink as I had to pay for a retest.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 208
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 158