News: Welcome to our club, we are always looking for improvements to the site, if you have any suggestions please post them up...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 05:56:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: Reasons for the "karbon effect"  (Read 3358 times)

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • I see you baby, shaking that ..................
    • Carbon bits!!
Reasons for the "karbon effect"
« on: December 09, 2010, 02:45:40 pm »
Having read several posts and noticing the term karbon effect coming up quite a bit, I thought I would take the time to explain exactly what the karbon effect ia.

In 2009 my father suffered several heart attacks in a 2 day period, this resulted in a very long time in hospital for my father, and some very serious doubts as to if he was even going to pull through.  In the end, after a triple bypass and having a stent put in, he pulled through.  All of a sudden several months ago, he took an infection in his knee which again led to a long hospitilisation and further stress and strain on my mother.  My father has not been well at all for the past 6 months, and here is the kick in the ghoulies, my mother was diagnosed with terminal cancer 4 months ago.  This has resulted in me travelling back to Northern Ireland a lot to shoulder some of the burden, it has ruined me emotionally and strained me financially, but when its your parents, needs must.  In my book my family will always come first. 

I sincerely apologise for the effect on the club, it was not my intention to cause any harm or grief to the club or its members, and for the record I did actually send a lot of membership packs out.  I took the decision that my family come first, and to be completely honest with everyone that wasnt a hard decision to make.  I do have all the relevant bits for Dave, as explained in texts, I work nights so im sleeping throughout the day, I have 2 days off a week, i sleep the first 1 and im around for the second one.  I will happily post everything recorded if need be.

Understandibly there are no doubt a lot of you cursing me, for those people, I sincerely hope you never get put in the situation I find myself in.  I admit I started out dealing with it in the wrong way, but I have now come to terms that its likely Ill lose both my parents before I hit 40, thats 3 years away, and I fully intend to enjoy what time we have left together.

Again my apologies to all.  If its ok with people here, I would like to renew my membership if there are no objections?
Gaffer tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship"  more than wrinkles in the gaffer tape.....

Offline silverspeed

• GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: Reasons for the "karbon effect"
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 02:52:02 pm »
what needs to be done has to be done fact. ! All the best buddy.

Offline Jeff

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 668
  • No 23
  • GT4 Model: CS and UK WRC (and an Amica)
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 09:58:40 am »
ATB  :( Spend as much time with them as you can and keep your chin up bud.
Previously a UK WRC ST205 & a CS (UK !*%)
Now.... a 1970 Triumph 13/60 convertible, a Hyindai Amica and a Honda CR-Z Hybrid :)

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 10:58:27 am »
I hope you know that you are always welcome here, in whatever capacity you're happy with.

Family always comes first, and I hope you can take some solace in knowing that you and your family have all our best wishes.

Cheers

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 05:12:22 pm »
Many thanks all. 
Gaffer tape is like "the force" - it has a light side, a dark side and it holds the universe together.

There's nothing that shouts "Poor Workmanship"  more than wrinkles in the gaffer tape.....

Offline cunning stunt

• Secretary
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 12:00:23 pm »
hi karbon, sorry to read about your situation, cant imagine what you are going through, with regards to the club, sh** happens it will all get sorted out
speak soon dave.

Offline martyn_pryor

• GT4EC Staff
  • GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 3
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 11:40:48 pm »
Sorry to hear about your situation Mick, and personally, under the circumstances the EC should be one of the last things on your mind. I can only say this from a personal experience, which will rear its ugly head again in the future. As Chris has said, you will always be welcome here, and I think it would be nice to see you at JAE.

If I can be any help at all, which will probably not be a great deal, drop me a PM.

I can only echo what people have already said before me. I also think that now the situation has been explained, the cursers will be looking at it in a whole new light now. Our thoughts are with you and your family, however big it is.
There is never enough free time for anything fun.

Offline karbon

• GT4EC is my Home!
  • BIG-UP! 0
    • Carbon bits!!
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2010, 12:05:01 am »
Thanks people, Im good going forward now that I have got my head round things.  Getting hit with so much in such a short space of time fried a few circuits, but hey, I guess thats life.

Im back, got a new four, funnily enough that needs a bit of work, purely body, runs well, on a k plate, jdm narrowbody. 

I need a new job to allow me the chance to make JAE.

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 135