News: Take advantage of the members discounts  be sure to pay your membership fee. Ask Cee for details...

Login  |  Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 12:32:04 am

Login with username, password and session length

Recent

Author Topic: An Update on Dee  (Read 1853 times)

Offline Jools

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
An Update on Dee
« on: September 09, 2007, 06:26:18 pm »
Hi all well Dee back out of hospital, and boy is she suffering from this last op.  She has a huge line of staples going from belly button right down as far as they can go and is full of stitches inside where they have removed loads of stuff.  Sadly the cancer was not removed, and they have found that it has spread to her lymph node on the left side of her pelvis, but they were also unable to remove this as it is growing right in the middle of the main artary to her leg and to even try would mean loss of the leg.  The next step is to under go chemo and radio therapy but when and how much we are yet to find out.  They are giving her a couple of weeks to try and recover from this huge op before they starting making her even more poorly.

Well sorry it wasnt the news some of you were hoping to hear but we are praying that even though its hit the lymph glands it wont spread any faster than it already is and that they are able to get rid of it as we can get back to some sort of normality.  I have a feeling it will be sometime after xmas before that will happen but lets hope that the chemo and the radio therapy will do its job.

Thanks to everyone for their support, your messages and kind thoughts really are a huge support to us both.  Dee sends huge thanks to everyone who left messages from the last post, and to those that have rung and text, its all greatly appreciated and helps us both through this really tough time.  Dee is iching to get back to bubble visits etc so hopefully as soon as she's well enough to travel we'll make one soon.  I know it would cheer her up no end and a day with cars and you lot will certainly my spirits too.

Thanks again to everyone.

Offline The Doctor

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
Re: An Update on Dee
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 06:35:26 pm »
I think I speak for everybody in saying our thoughts are with you :)

Offline Driveby

• Stance Monkey
  • Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 3
  • Fo'Rider
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 07:45:46 pm »
All the best, fingers crossed that everything goes well and Dee has a speedy recovery.

Offline markL860TUP

• Club Member
  • I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 0
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 09:15:19 pm »
hopefully you get the reply from the docs that you
both desire and deserve

our hopes and wishes are with you both

Offline madgaz

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 0
  • Remember, silence is golden, duct tape is silver.
    • My Site
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 09:19:12 pm »
Very nice of you to let us know Jools. Thank You.

Wishing all of you all the best for now and the future.

Seriously wanting another GT4 NOW god dam it!!!

Offline paul_gt4

• I owe money
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 10:36:17 pm »
i was asking about you guys while in Germany, hope everything goes well in the near future and Dee makes a speedy recovery..... thoughts are with you guys

Offline Coyoteboy

• Staff Spanner Monkey
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 6
    • Bucklevision
  • GT4 Model: ST185
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 07:53:34 pm »
Aww thats not nice to hear - heres hoping for a good outcome eventually.

White '91 185, 205 gearbox and Rev2 Mr2 Tubby Engine, CT20b. Megasquirted @ 14psi.

Offline ChrisW

• ST185
  • Chairperson
  • GT4EC is my Life!
  • BIG-UP! 4
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 02:51:52 pm »
Hi Jools, as said already, thanks for posting. We both hope everything starts to turn around for you two....sending positive thoughts :)

Cheers

www.wefixalloys.co.uk
www.facebook.com/WeFixAlloysNewcastle
ST185 Jap Grey(his) 401bhp and 350lbft at 1.5bar
ST185 Jap Grey(hers) 276bhp and 270lbft

Offline Jools

• I Like it here!
  • BIG-UP! 1
Re: Dee's Treatment
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2007, 01:23:20 pm »
Hi guys thanks again for the messages, its great of you to keep in touch with us even though is been a while since we've been to any meets or on here.  As most of you can understand its all been a bit of a blur since me and Dee met, we'd just started to get settled making a new life for ourselves then we've been hit with this so its another thing that we have to fight, but those that have had the pleasure of meeting Dee will know that she's not the sort to let things beat her and we'll fight this every step of the way.  She's far to determined to go to more bubbles  ;D

Anyway, we've been to the cancer clinic yesterday and she has some serious crap coming up.

5 weeks of radio therapy everyday
5 weeks of chemo therapy, once a week for a whole day
then another small op for more radio therapy to be put inside her.

She's going to be very poorly from it and will also be ulnable to look after her little girl so poor Katie has to stay with her dad now till at least xmas, but we'll make sure she comes home on weekends when i'm about to help Dee out and take Katie out if she needs to rest etc.

So guys, if Dee is feeling up to it before the treatment starts we might try to make it to the next bubble. The treatment cant start for at least another 4 weeks as she has to heal from this big op that she's just had so hopefully while healing and before they start zapping her we'll make one.  I'll have to check out the dates though and see.

Hope to keep in touch with you all, as does Dee. 

Offline rubberduck_10_4uk

• Club Member
  • GT4EC is like my home!
  • BIG-UP! 2
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2007, 08:58:07 pm »
My thoughts and wishes are with you both Jools, thanks for letting us know , must be the last thing on your mind.....

Take care  ;)
Best Regards
Nigel

always check for paper BEFORE sitting down :)

Members
  • Total Members: 1518
  • Latest: Hally2
Stats
  • Total Posts: 51306
  • Total Topics: 6585
  • Online Today: 183
  • Online Ever: 923
  • (January 22, 2020, 12:22:13 am)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 134